Clayton Angermeier Has Been Selected as the Honorary Millionth Fan
Greenville, S.C. - On a night when the Greenville Drive marked the milestone of their one millionth fan, 14-year-old Clayton Angermeier of Greer was selected as the Honorary Millionth Fan. The Riverside High School student was chosen from eight finalists as determined by the votes received from fans in attendance at Monday's game.
Drive Co-Owner and President Craig Brown noted, "The entire Drive organization congratulates Clayton for being selected as the Honorary Millionth Fan. But tonight is really a celebration of all the fans who have supported the team and the downtown baseball experience at Fluor Field." Brown added, "The City of Greenville and citizens of the Upstate have really embraced the Drive and the shared commitment to make "quality of life" a priority for our community."
As the Honorary Millionth Fan, Angermeier will receive a trip for four to Boston with airfare and hotel included and tickets to a Red Sox game during the 2009 season. In addition, the prize package will included Drive season tickets for 2009, generous gifts from Drive corporate partners, the opportunity to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at a future Drive game, the opportunity to appear in an upcoming Drive advertisement, and a Drive gift package which included a customized jersey and Drive merchandise.
"This is just an amazing honor," said Angermeier after being named the Honorary Millionth Fan. "With school starting back up tomorrow, I'm looking forward to telling all of my friends. I would like to say thanks to the Drive and their sponsors for the cool prizes. I can't wait for the trip to Fenway Park."
Each of the remaining finalists - Susan Cravens of Greenville, J.L. Nix of Easley, Ashleigh Page of Charlotte, Michael McMullen of Greenville, Derente Harper of Greenwood, Donna Squier of Greenwood, and Heather McDuffie of Anderson- received tickets to the Drive's 2009 Opening Day, plus a $50 Drive gift card. In addition, the Drive gave free "1,000,000 Strong" t-shirts to the first 3,000 fans that entered Fluor Field.
"Without the strength of the partnership the Drive has forged with our fans, our sponsors, the City of Greenville and the surrounding community, this milestone would not have been possible," added Drive General Manager Mike deMaine. "It's hard to imagine a better place to be able to offer a family oriented professional entertainment and world class baseball experience than we have right here in the Upstate of South Carolina.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 18, 2008
- Power Complete Sweep of Drive with 8-3 Win - Greenville Drive
- BlueClaws keep pace with 9-1 win over Charleston - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tourists split double header - Asheville Tourists
- 'Birds win fifth straight - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Clayton Angermeier Has Been Selected as the Honorary Millionth Fan - Greenville Drive
- Suns sweep Catfish - Hagerstown Suns
- Power sweep Drive - West Virginia Power
- Pitching powers 'Dads - Hickory Crawdads
- Braves Chop the Captains - Rome Braves
- Jackets Sweep Legends Monday Night - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Swept By GreenJackets - Lexington Legends
- Intimidators Win Streak Ends At Six With 3-2 Loss In Hickory - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Bumgarner Named Pitcher of the Week a Fifth Time - Augusta GreenJackets
- Captains Announce 2009 Schedule - Lake County Captains
- Gnats Set to Welcome 100,000th Fan - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Tourists Receive First-round Pick Christian Friedrich - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws auction off game-worn jerseys - Lakewood BlueClaws
- 'Name the Team Contest' Finalists Announced by Bowling Green Pro Baseball - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- RiverDogs Final Homestand Begins August 20 - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Drive Stories
- West End Events at Fluor Field Unveils Fresh Look
- Step up to the Plate at Fluor Field on October 3
- Waldrop Inc. Announced as the Official HVAC & Plumbing Provider of the Greenville Drive
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Event at the Drive Goes Virtual
- Drive Already Looking Forward to Next Year, Debut New Ticket Plan Options