Captains Announce 2009 Schedule
(Eastlake, OH) - The Lake County Captains have announced the home and away schedule for the 2009 playing season. The Captains will again play 70 home games at Classic Park in Eastlake. The Captains will open the 2009 season in Eastlake on Thursday, April 9th versus The Hagerstown Suns, the Class A affiliate of the Washington Nationals. Plans are currently underway for the Opening Night 7:05 PM game.
The 2009 season will include games against 13 of the other 15 South Atlantic League teams. The season also includes home series against Asheville, Hickory, West Virginia, Greensboro, Kannapolis, Lakewood, Hagerstown, Delmarva, Greenville, Rome & Augusta. The Captains will travel to the newest SAL club from Bowling Green, KY in July.
The Captains will play 12 Friday and 10 Saturday games, and will host 17 games in July and 17 games in August.
The Captains plan to continue Fireworks Shows after Friday and Saturday night games, schedule premium giveaways and theme nights, including Monday night "Buck Nights", where fans can purchase $1 hot dogs, beers, and sodas with other $1 items to be added. A more detailed promotional schedule will be released at a later date.
Full season tickets plans, 12 and 20 game season ticket plans are on sale now. Individual game tickets will go on sale at a later date. For ticket information, please contact the Ticket Office at 440-954-WINS.
Tickets for all Captains home games including the 2008 SAL playoffs are on sale at the Classic Park box office, by phone at 440-954-WINS (9467) or at captainsbaseball.com. Tickets for the Play Offs remain the same as regular season game tickets, $9 reserved seat, $7 bleachers, juniors, and seniors, $6 lawn. Lawn seats for the Play Offs will only be sold once the reserved seats and bleachers are sold out. The $7 group rate will still apply to groups of 20 or more.
The Lake County Captains are a Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians and play their home games at Classic Park in Eastlake, at the corners of State Route 91 and Vine Street. For more information on the Captains, please visit the team's official website at www.captainsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 18, 2008
- Power Complete Sweep of Drive with 8-3 Win - Greenville Drive
- BlueClaws keep pace with 9-1 win over Charleston - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Tourists split double header - Asheville Tourists
- 'Birds win fifth straight - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Clayton Angermeier Has Been Selected as the Honorary Millionth Fan - Greenville Drive
- Suns sweep Catfish - Hagerstown Suns
- Power sweep Drive - West Virginia Power
- Pitching powers 'Dads - Hickory Crawdads
- Braves Chop the Captains - Rome Braves
- Jackets Sweep Legends Monday Night - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Swept By GreenJackets - Lexington Legends
- Intimidators Win Streak Ends At Six With 3-2 Loss In Hickory - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Bumgarner Named Pitcher of the Week a Fifth Time - Augusta GreenJackets
- Captains Announce 2009 Schedule - Lake County Captains
- Gnats Set to Welcome 100,000th Fan - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Tourists Receive First-round Pick Christian Friedrich - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws auction off game-worn jerseys - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- 'Name the Team Contest' Finalists Announced by Bowling Green Pro Baseball - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- RiverDogs Final Homestand Begins August 20 - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lake County Captains Stories
- Captains Promote Roth to Assistant GM, Name Maskey Director of Turf Management
- Official Statement from the Captains Regarding Sunday's Trunk Or Treat Event and COVID-19
- NCAA DIII College World Series Coming to Eastlake in 2024
- Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC Will Begin August 22
- Captains Postpone Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC