Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 6, 2019
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will return to SeatGeek Stadium for a two-game homestand this week, hosting the New England Revolution and Minnesota United FC. The Fire are scheduled to take on the Revolution at home on Wednesday, May 8 at 7:00 p.m. CT (ESPN+, Univision Radio 93.5 Latino Mix). Three days later, the Men in Red will return to SeatGeek Stadium to face Minnesota United on Saturday, May 11 at 7:00 p.m. CT (ESPN+, Univision Radio WRTO AM 1200).
Coverage for both matches will begin at 6:45 p.m. CT with a live pregame show on ESPN+, presented by CIBC.
The Fire are coming off three straight games on the road, most recently securing a strong away point in a 0-0 draw against Los Angeles FC at Banc of California Stadium on Saturday, May 4. With the result, the Fire became the first team to earn a point and hold LAFC scoreless at home in 2019. The 0-0 score also marked the Men in Red's second clean sheet of the 2019 campaign.
Wednesday's match will mark the 61st meeting between the Fire and the Revolution since 1998. Entering the contest, the Men in Red are unbeaten in its last six league matches against the Revolution, dating back to Oct. 16, 2016. During that stretch, the Fire have outscored the Eastern Conference club 14-6. Overall, the Fire hold a 16-5-9 home record against the Revolution.
Heading into Wednesday's match, the Revolution are winless in their last three fixtures. Most recently, New England suffered a 6-1 away loss against the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium on Saturday, May 4. New England is led in scoring by Carles Gil and Juan Fernando Caicedo, who each have three goals this season.
Saturday's match against Minnesota United will be the third all-time contest between both clubs. Heading into the match, the Fire will be searching for its first league win against the Loons. Minnesota United currently sits in sixth place in the Western Conference with a 4-3-3 record to start the season. Midfielder Darwin Quintero leads the team in goals scored (5).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2019
- LA Galaxy take on Crew SC on Wednesday in Columbus; return home to face NYCFC on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Launch Academy with Two Youth Teams - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Forward Mauro Manotas Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United License Plate Bill Signed into Law - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Midfielder Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Announces Eye of the Loon Program - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Octorara SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Acquire Forward Brian Fernandez as Designated Player - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Acquire $175,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Acquire International Roster Slot in Trade with Portland Timbers - Houston Dynamo
- Whitecaps FC to Hold 1979 Anniversary Match on May 31 Versus Toronto - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Acquire International Slot from Columbus Crew SC in Exchange for Midfielder David Guzman - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires David Guzman in Trade with the Portland Timbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 6, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Tops Sporting Kansas City 3-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Falls to Reigning Champion Atlanta - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza
- Robert Beric and Mauricio Pineda Announced as 2020 Chicago Fire FC Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 20-Year-Old Nigerian Striker Chinonso Offor
- Chicago Fire FC Homegrown Goalkeeper Chris Brady Named USL League One Young Player of the Year
- Chicago Fire FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Four Players