FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 6, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are back at home for a match against the Montreal Impact on Saturday, May 11. The match will kick off at 1 p.m. ET at Nippert Stadium. The game will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, nationally on TSN and TVA Sports (Canada), streamed regionally on FloFC, out-of-region on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (2-7-2, 8 pts.) enter the week after dropping a 1-0 result to the San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium on Saturday, while the Montreal Impact (5-4-2, 17 pts.) come into the game following a 2-0 loss against New York City FC.
Orange and Blue Host Montreal in Afternoon Match
FC Cincinnati are back at Nippert Stadium this weekend after playing their last three matches on the road ... the Orange and Blue and the Impact will be on the pitch for a 1 p.m. kickoff ... that is the earliest starting time for an FC Cincinnati match this season ... in total, FC Cincinnati have nine afternoon matches and 25 evening matches on their 2019 regular-season schedule.
First of Five Matches against Canadian Opposition
When FC Cincinnati faces off against the Montreal Impact on Saturday, it will mark the club's first MLS match against an opponent from Canada ... the Orange and Blue will host the Impact (May 11), Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Aug. 3) Toronto FC (Sept. 7), and will also play road matches at Toronto (July 27) and Montreal (Sept. 14) ... In their three seasons in the USL, FCC went 10-1-1 against teams from Canada.
Alashe, Amaya Earn First Starts
Fatai Alashe and Frankie Amaya earned their first starts for FC Cincinnati this season at San Jose on May 4 ... Alashe, who joined FC Cincinnati at the USL level last season, made two substitute appearances prior to earning his first start ... he played all 90 minutes and had an FCC-leading two shots on target against his former team ... Amaya, who was recalled from USL Championship side Orange County SC on May 2, played 67 minutes before he was replaced in the second half by Roland Lamah ... he led all FC Cincinnati players in passing accuracy, completing 21-of-22 passes on the night for a rate of 95.5%.
Adi Returns in Substitute Appearance
Fanendo Adi made his first appearance for the Orange and Blue since March 17 when he replaced Justin Hoyte in the 79th minute at San Jose on May 4 ... Adi had been unavailable for selection in seven consecutive matches for the Orange and Blue.
Season-High Seven Changes to the Starting Lineup
Saturday's starting lineup included a season-high seven changes from Head Coach Alan Koch's selections in FCC's previous match on May 1 ... Kenny Saief, Fatai Alashe, Victor Ulloa, Frankie Amaya, Justin Hoyte, Forrest Lasso and PrzemysÅaw TytoÅ replaced Roland Lamah, Allan Cruz, Leonardo Bertone, Eric Alexander, Alvas Powell, Nick Hagglund and Spencer Richey in the lineup ... this was the 10th different starting grouping of the season ... the only time the Orange and Blue repeated a starting XI was against Atlanta United on March 10 and Portland Timbers on March 17.
Deplagne Becomes Lone Player to Play Every Minute
Entering Saturday's match against the San Jose Earthquakes, Leonardo Bertone, Mathieu Deplagne and Nick Hagglund were the only three players to play every minute of every match for FC Cincinnati ... After Bertone was unavailable for selection and Hagglund was an unused substitute, Deplagne became the only player to play all 990 minutes of FC Cincinnati's season ... The French defender has played left back and right back for the Orange and Blue this season.
Orange and Blue Record Best Passing Performance of Season
FC Cincinnati completed 328-of-403 passes at the San Jose Earthquakes on May 4, good for a rate of 81.4%, and FCC's best single-match passing accuracy of the season ... Saturday's match was the first time at least five FCC players had a passing accuracy of 85% or better.
Bertone, Waston Remain on Watch
Leonardo Bertone and Kendall Waston picked up their fourth yellow cards of the season at New York Red Bulls on April 27, putting them on disciplinary watch... another yellow card for either player would result in a one-game suspension... however, should they appear in five consecutive matches without receiving a yellow card, the player's season total would be pushed back to three for good behavior ... Waston has appeared in two consecutive matches without receiving a yellow card, while Bertone has made one appearance without registering a caution.
FC Cincinnati are back at Nippert Stadium on May 11 for a match against the Montreal Impact at 1 p.m. Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2019
- LA Galaxy take on Crew SC on Wednesday in Columbus; return home to face NYCFC on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Launch Academy with Two Youth Teams - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Forward Mauro Manotas Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United License Plate Bill Signed into Law - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Midfielder Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Announces Eye of the Loon Program - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Octorara SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Acquire Forward Brian Fernandez as Designated Player - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Acquire $175,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Acquire International Roster Slot in Trade with Portland Timbers - Houston Dynamo
- Whitecaps FC to Hold 1979 Anniversary Match on May 31 Versus Toronto - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Acquire International Slot from Columbus Crew SC in Exchange for Midfielder David Guzman - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires David Guzman in Trade with the Portland Timbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 6, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Tops Sporting Kansas City 3-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Falls to Reigning Champion Atlanta - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Head coach Jaap Stam to join Friday's Braxton Brewing Co. Virtual Happy Hour on Friday
- Final West End Stadium Seat Design Released; Choice Determined Via Fan Vote and Feedback
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 26, 2020
- Jaap Stam Named FC Cincinnati Head Coach
- FC Cincinnati expand club's player development pyramid