Houston Dynamo Forward Mauro Manotas Named to MLS Team of the Week
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo forward Mauro Manotas was named to the Audi MLS Team of the Week for the second consecutive week, the league announced earlier today.
Manotas finished with a brace, the sixth of his MLS career, in Houston's 2-1 victory over FC Dallas on Saturday afternoon in the first leg of the Texas Derby. The win improved the Dynamo to 6-1-1 on the year, continuing the team's red-hot start to the 2019 season.
Manotas has now scored 40 goals for the Dynamo in regular season play and leads the team seven goals across all competitions this year. Three of his five goals in the league this year have been game-winners, upping his career total in that category to seven. The 23-year-old is now one goal away from matching Dynamo legend Brad Davis (41) for third in the club's all-time scoring record.
This is the second Audi MLS Team of the Week honor for Manotas this year, and his third this year in all competitions. He was named to the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Team of the Week on Feb. 29 after he came off the bench to score a pair of goals in Houston's 2-1 win over CD Guastatoya in the Champions League Round of 16.
The Dynamo travel to the Pacific Northwest this weekend as they face Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday evening at CenturyLink Field. Kickoff is set for 9 p.m. CDT, and the game will be televised on KUBE 57.
The Dynamo return to BBVA Compass Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15 to host Diego Valeri and the Portland Timbers. Fans can take advantage of the club's 713 Deal, which features a $7 ticket, $1 hot dog and $3 beer, for this game. Tickets are available online at HoustonDynamo.com or by phone at 713-276-4625 (GOAL).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2019
- LA Galaxy take on Crew SC on Wednesday in Columbus; return home to face NYCFC on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Launch Academy with Two Youth Teams - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Forward Mauro Manotas Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United License Plate Bill Signed into Law - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Midfielder Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Announces Eye of the Loon Program - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Octorara SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Acquire Forward Brian Fernandez as Designated Player - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Acquire $175,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Acquire International Roster Slot in Trade with Portland Timbers - Houston Dynamo
- Whitecaps FC to Hold 1979 Anniversary Match on May 31 Versus Toronto - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Acquire International Slot from Columbus Crew SC in Exchange for Midfielder David Guzman - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires David Guzman in Trade with the Portland Timbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 6, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Tops Sporting Kansas City 3-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Falls to Reigning Champion Atlanta - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Houston Dynamo & Dash Captains to Wear Apollo 11 Mission Patch on Anniversary of Moon Landing
- Basketball Superstar James Harden Joins Houston Dynamo & Dash Ownership Group
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall at Atlanta
- Three Points: Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip in Atlanta
- Houston Dynamo Loan Five Players to RGV FC for this Weekend's Match vs Phoenix Rising FC