Atlanta United License Plate Bill Signed into Law
ATLANTA, Ga. - Georgia Governor Brian Kemp visited the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground on Monday afternoon to sign into law the bill (SB-8) that will bring Atlanta United license plates to the state. The specialized plates will be available to the public for pre-order and mail delivery on May 28.
Initiated by requests from the club's passionate fanbase, the process of producing a specialized Atlanta United license plate (IMAGE) began when the team was launched in 2017.
License plate proceeds will go to the Atlanta United Foundation. The club, with the support of the Arthur M. Blank Foundation, worked with the Georgia legislature to move the bill through the State House and Senate. Senator PK Martin and Representative Deborah Silcox sponsored the bill, and it was ultimately passed in the House and Senate on February 28, 2019 with a 163-0 vote.
Governor Kemp was joined by Atlanta United team owner Arthur Blank, AMB Group, LLC CEO Steve Cannon and team president Darren Eales to sign the bill into law at a brief ceremony.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2019
- LA Galaxy take on Crew SC on Wednesday in Columbus; return home to face NYCFC on Saturday - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Launch Academy with Two Youth Teams - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Forward Mauro Manotas Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United License Plate Bill Signed into Law - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Midfielder Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Announces Eye of the Loon Program - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Octorara SC - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Acquire Forward Brian Fernandez as Designated Player - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Acquire $175,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Acquire International Roster Slot in Trade with Portland Timbers - Houston Dynamo
- Whitecaps FC to Hold 1979 Anniversary Match on May 31 Versus Toronto - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 6, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Acquire International Slot from Columbus Crew SC in Exchange for Midfielder David Guzman - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires David Guzman in Trade with the Portland Timbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 6, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Tops Sporting Kansas City 3-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Falls to Reigning Champion Atlanta - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Advances to USOC Quarterfinals with 3-2 Win over Columbus
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup
- Atlanta United-Charleston Battery Fourth Round U.S. Open Cup Match Rescheduled for June 13
- Atlanta United U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Match at Charleston Battery Postponed