Chicago Falls to St. Paul on Misty Night in Rosemont
Rosemont, Ill. - Kenny Wilson went 2-3 in his return to the Dogs lineup, but Chicago lost 10-3 to the St. Paul Saints on a chilly, misty night at Impact Field.
The Dogs allowed a season-high matching ten runs on 13 St. Paul hits as all but one member of the Saints starting lineup collected a base hit Friday night.
St. Paul scored five runs on seven hits over five innings against Dogs starter Wes Torrez. The right-hander took the loss in his second start in a Chicago uniform.
St. Paul starter Chris Nunn stymied Chicago, going seven innings and allowing one earned run on four hits.
Ben Allison allowed two earned runs in two innings of relief in his Dogs debut and Chad Girodo allowed three earned runs out of the Chicago bullpen as well. The five earned runs were the most allowed in a game by the Chicago bullpen in the entire month of August.
Tony Rosselli made his pitching debut for Chicago in the top of the ninth inning. With St. Paul in front 10-1 Rosselli pitched a scoreless frame and recorded a strikeout. The Dogs scored a pair of runs in the bottom of the ninth inning on a Matt Dean two-run single.
Zach Walters paced St. Paul with a five RBI night. The Saints second baseman went 2-4 and popped a double and a home run. Max Murphy finished the game 3-5 with two doubles for St. Paul.
The loss drops Chicago to 39-51 on the year. St. Paul moves to 54-37 on the season with the victory-their fifth in a row.
The two teams will conclude their series Saturday at Impact Field. Rich Mascheri will start for Chicago while Eddie Medina will get the nod for St. Paul.
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. with a post-game fireworks extravaganza to follow. Tickets can be purchased in line at the Impact Field Ticket Office and online at www.thechicagodogs.com/tickets/
The game will be broadcast at www.thechicagodogs.com/broadcasts with the Crowne Plaza Pregame Show beginning at 6:45 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 25, 2018
- Wichita Takes Care of Business, Sweeps AirHogs - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Big Hit Eludes Saltdogs in 8-3 Loss in Cleburne - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Head to Lincoln After Finale Loss to Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Canaries Win Rubber Game with Shutout of X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Lose 12-4, But Magic Number for Playoff Berth Drops to Four - St. Paul Saints
- Nordgren, Birds Shut out Explorers for Series Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Railroaders Stave off Sweep by Saltdogs - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Reduce Magic Number to 4 with 4-2 Win over RedHawks - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Add Outfield Depth Prior to Deadline, Sign Golden Gopher Alex Boxwell - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Ink Rookie Righty Pastora, Activate Harvey - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Acquire OF Huth from Cleburne, Re-Sign C Sneed - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sandlot Night: a Feast for the Beast - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Look to Salvage Saturday vs. Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Strikeouts Hurt Canaries in Road Loss to Sioux City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- X's in the Post Season After Win over Canaries - Sioux City Explorers
- Chicago Falls to St. Paul on Misty Night in Rosemont - Chicago Dogs
- Ibarra Carries Saltdogs to 10-3 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.