AirHogs Head to Lincoln After Finale Loss to Wichita
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Texas AirHogs finished the three-game set with a 6-1 loss to the Wichita Wingnuts Saturday night at AirHogs Stadium. Texas travels to Lincoln to open a seven-game road trip Sunday at 5:05.
Casio Grider and Correlle Prime each finished with three hits. Prime scored Grider with an RBI double in the bottom of the third to account for the team's only scoring in the game. Greg Golson finished with two hits and a walk.
Sean Stutzman (0-4) got the start for Texas and allowed five runs (four earned) over four innings. He allowed seven hits and four walks while striking out five. The Wingnuts tagged him for all five runs in the second and third innings. Casey Harman (11-4) earned the win for Wichita by striking out a season-best 10 over six innings of one-run ball.
Wichita (57-35) was paced by Chase Simpson. The Dallas native smashed his 13th homer of 2018 to highlight a three-run inning in the third. Logan Watkins finished 4 for 4 with a walk and an RBI. Zach Nehrir posted three RBIs.
The two teams combined to leave 26 on base - 14 for Wichita and 12 for Texas. Stewart Ijames, Cao Jie, and Hu Jinyong all had one hit for the AirHogs. Chen Zhongyang posted two innings of scoreless relief. Conner Camacho fired one.
The AirHogs (24-67) travel to Lincoln (45-46) for a three-game set starting Sunday at 5:05. Starters for both teams are TBA. A live stream of all the action will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will play their final home game of the season September 2 vs. Cleburne. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information on tickets. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 25, 2018
- Wichita Takes Care of Business, Sweeps AirHogs - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Big Hit Eludes Saltdogs in 8-3 Loss in Cleburne - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Head to Lincoln After Finale Loss to Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Canaries Win Rubber Game with Shutout of X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Lose 12-4, But Magic Number for Playoff Berth Drops to Four - St. Paul Saints
- Nordgren, Birds Shut out Explorers for Series Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Railroaders Stave off Sweep by Saltdogs - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Reduce Magic Number to 4 with 4-2 Win over RedHawks - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Add Outfield Depth Prior to Deadline, Sign Golden Gopher Alex Boxwell - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Ink Rookie Righty Pastora, Activate Harvey - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Acquire OF Huth from Cleburne, Re-Sign C Sneed - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sandlot Night: a Feast for the Beast - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Look to Salvage Saturday vs. Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Strikeouts Hurt Canaries in Road Loss to Sioux City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- X's in the Post Season After Win over Canaries - Sioux City Explorers
- Chicago Falls to St. Paul on Misty Night in Rosemont - Chicago Dogs
- Ibarra Carries Saltdogs to 10-3 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.