Chasers Record 13 Hits to Take Series Finale
PAPILLION, NE - The Omaha Storm Chasers (65-55) scored in all but two innings to beat the Iowa Cubs (50-70) 10-3 in the series finale, Sunday at Werner Park.
Lucius Fox hit a leadoff home run for Omaha to get the scoring started for the Storm Chasers, giving them a 1-0 lead. Tyler Ladendorf answered with a two-run blast of his own in the second to bring Iowa back ahead, followed by a run on a wild pitch from Omaha starter Ronald Bolaños.
Those three runs were all Bolaños would allow, as he spun four innings, allowing just four hits while striking out two. His offense gave him the lead back in the third, scoring four runs off of reliever Erich Uelmen to bring the score to 5-3.
The Storm Chasers would add a run in the fourth, one in the fifth, two in the sixth and one more in the seventh to break the game open, taking a 10-3 lead over Iowa. Three doubles and four home runs helped Omaha keep the scoring constant against Iowa's pitching, while Omaha's staff kept the I-Cubs offense silent after the third.
Jake Newberry, Andres Nunez, Emilio Marquez and Collin Snider kept Iowa off the board, combining to allow just two hits over their five combined innings. The four relievers walked one batter while striking out six, ending the Storm Chasers regular season on a 10-3 win over Iowa.
- In the first start of his career, Dakota Mekkes threw two innings, giving up just one run on a leadoff home run.
- Brendon Little spun 1.2 innings of scoreless relief, allowing just one hit while striking out three. He was the only Iowa pitcher to not allow a run today.
- Tyler Ladendorf and Levi Jordan combined for four of Iowa's six total hits as a team, each recording two hits on the day.
Iowa will get Monday and Tuesday off before heading to CHS Field to begin the Final Stretch of their season. They will start a five-game series against St. Paul on Wednesday, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 pm. For more information and tickets, visit www.iowacubs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Bulls Down Knights 9-4 - Durham Bulls
- Knights Drop Sunday's Finale to Bulls 9-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Bats Outlast Birds in Series Finale - Louisville Bats
- Redbirds Wrap up Homestand with Loss to Louisville - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Record 13 Hits to Take Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- Jones Hammers Two Homers in Regular Season Finale Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Five-Run Fifth Inning Propels Jacksonville to Series Win - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Greene Goes Yard in Finale Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Defeat Rochester, 5-1, Gear up for 'Final Stretch' - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians Rake 13 Singles in 10-3 Triumph - Indianapolis Indians
- Syracuse Offense Leads Way in 9-4 Win over Worcester on Sunday Afternoon - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Close Regular Season with a Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings Drop Regular Season Finale, 5-1, Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Tides Lose Game, Series vs. Jacksonville Sunday - Norfolk Tides
- Regular Season Finale goes to RailRiders - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Two out Trouble: Saints Fall to Indianapolis 10-3 - St. Paul Saints
- WooSox Fall in Regular Season Finale, Enter Final Stretch at 66-52 - Worcester Red Sox
- Gwinnett Powers Their Way over Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- September 19 Game Notes: Iowa at Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 19, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Andújar Begins MLB Rehab Assignment with RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 19, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (56-62) vs. St. Paul Saints (61-58) - Indianapolis Indians
- Former Jumbo Shrimp Fortes Homers in Big League Debut - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Pair of Grand Slams Lead Chasers to Saturday Night Win over I-Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Blows out Iowa to Snap Streak - Iowa Cubs
- Knights Fall to Bulls 9-5 on Saturday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Clinch Triple-A National Championship with 9-5 Win over Knights - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.