Bulls Close May, Open June with Massive Homestand
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls open a 10-game, 9-day homestand on Tuesday, May 28. Durham will host the Louisville Bats, Columbus Clippers and Norfolk Tides over the stretch, featuring Military Appreciation Night, Pride Night, State Fair Night and a day/night doubleheader, among other promotions.
The homestand opens on Tuesday, May 28 at 7:05 p.m. against the Louisville Bats. One night later on Wednesday, May 29, the two teams battle again at 7:05 p.m. in the second game of a three-game set.
The Bulls and Cincinnati Reds' Triple-A affiliate close their set on Thursday, May 30 at 7:05 p.m., with Teacher Appreciation Night presented by Allscripts. That evening all educators will receive a ticket for $1 off by using the code TEACHER. Additionally, Thursday's contest is an Afforda-BULL Eats night, as the stadium will serve a variety of discounted food items including $2 hot dogs, $3 pizza slices and select $5 beer.
On Friday, May 31 the Bulls host Military Appreciation Night presented by Allscripts as the team takes on the Columbus Clippers at 7:05 p.m. Throughout the evening the team will pay tribute to all members of the Armed Forces, and also wear this special hat. Plus, Friday's game will be followed by Friday Night Fireworks presented by bioMerieux, and feature local food truck Bam Pow Chow all evening long.
The Bulls and Clippers will play a pair of games on Saturday, June 1 at 12:35 p.m. and 6:35 p.m., with both contests presented by Applegate. The 12:35 p.m. contest is Brunch with the Bulls, as the stadium will serve mimosas and Chicken and Waffles with gates opening at 11:30 a.m. The nightcap is Better Flippin' Meat Day with Applegate, and gates will open at 5:30 p.m. Following the contest will be a Saturday Night Fireworks show presented by Window World, and Saturday's contest is also Camp Out Night, as various scout troops will be able to camp out on the DBAP field overnight. A separate ticket is needed to attend both games.
Durham wraps its three-day, four-game series with the Cleveland Indians' top affiliate at 5:05 p.m. on Sunday, June 2 with State Fair Night presented by NC Soybean Producers Association. That evening the DBAP will feature a petting zoo and bouncy house on the right field concourse, as well as edible cookie dough and a spicy appetizer platter with onion rings, fried cauliflower and jalapeno poppers at select concession stands. Sunday's game will also be followed by Kids Run the Bases presented by Nature's Twist, as children will get to show off their speed around the DBAP infield.
The fun continues Monday, June 3 when the Bulls open a three-game set against the Norfolk Tides at 7:05 p.m. The teams battle once again on Tuesday, June 4 at 7:05 p.m.
The homestand closes on Wednesday, June 5 at 7:05 p.m. as the DBAP hosts Pride Night presented by IBM. That evening the Bulls are partnering with Equality NC, the LGBTQ Center of Durham and the Durham Police Department to celebrate the inclusive community of the Triangle.
The Bulls return to the DBAP for a 10-game homestand on Tuesday, May 28 at 7:05 p.m. Single-game tickets and group outings are available now at durhambulls.com, or by calling the Mako Medical Ticket Office at 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 24, 2019
- Hot Start Leads Knights Past Bulls 6-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Hanson homers twice as Buffalo beats Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Match Gwinnett Record with Six Homers in 13-7 Rout of Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Nine Run Inning Powers Toledo to Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- Kramer's Double Propels Indy to Win, IL West Lead - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Sweep Doubleheader vs. Red Wings - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Longhi Homers in 12-6 Bats Loss - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Sweep Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Breyvic Valera's go-ahead grand slam in the 8th inning puts RailRiders ahead late - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mets Lead Crumbles in Eighth Inning as RailRiders Win, 6-5 - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Memorial Day Weekend Homstand Continues Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (25-18) at Columbus Clippers (26-18) - Indianapolis Indians
- Biggio Receives First Big League Call - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Toledo Mud Hens (16-27) at Louisville Bats (18-28) - Louisville Bats
- Triple-A All-Star Voting Underway - Indianapolis Indians
- Triple-A All-Star Fan Voting Underway - IL
- Key Red Barons Reunion Weekend Details Announced - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Dickerson Set for Rehab Assignment with Indianapolis - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Close May, Open June with Massive Homestand - Durham Bulls
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.