Key Red Barons Reunion Weekend Details Announced
MOOSIC, PA. - On May 31, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders will begin their Red Barons Reunion Weekend at PNC Field. The club, as part of their celebration of 30 seasons, is honoring longtime manager Marc Bombard by retiring his jersey number.
In addition to Bombard, the RailRiders are pleased to announce the following former players and staff are slated be in attendance for the festivities:
Brandon Duckworth- 15-3 over portions of two seasons in SWB/ Triple-A Player-of-the-Month in July 2001
Greg Legg- Spent six seasons with the Red Barons before entering coaching ranks in Phillies organization
Mickey Morandini- Played parts of two seasons with Red Barons before 11-year MLB career
Floyd Rayford- Played 81 games with SWB as career turned from playing to coaching
Gary Ruby- An Eynon native/ longtime player and former Red Barons pitching coach
Steve Schrenk- Appeared in 58 games for Red Barons during 16-season career
Jon Zuber- Played in 554 games for SWB from 1995 through 1999; Career .305 average for Red Barons
The RailRiders have also received commitments from several former Red Barons employees to help honor Bombard and the last 30 years of baseball history in Northeast Pennsylvania, including Rick Muntean, Kent Westling and John Davies. Howard Grossman of Northeast Baseball and International League President Randy Mobley will also be in attendance.
Gates will open at 5:00 p.m. on May 31 with a Red Barons replica jersey giveaway for the first 2,500 fans presented by Geisinger and Red Barons autograph session until approximately 5:40. Marc Bombard's jersey number 13 will be retired at 6:00 p.m. at home plate.
Gates open at 2:30 p.m. on June 1 with the Chase Utley All-Time Team Bobblehead Giveaway courtesy FOX 56. The RailRiders will don Red Barons throwbacks during both the May 31 and June 1 games and those tops will be auctioned off to benefit the SWB Pinstripes Foundation.
For more tickets or more information, please call (570) 969-BALL or visit swbrailriders.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 24, 2019
- Hot Start Leads Knights Past Bulls 6-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Hanson homers twice as Buffalo beats Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Match Gwinnett Record with Six Homers in 13-7 Rout of Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Nine Run Inning Powers Toledo to Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- Kramer's Double Propels Indy to Win, IL West Lead - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Sweep Doubleheader vs. Red Wings - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Longhi Homers in 12-6 Bats Loss - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Sweep Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Breyvic Valera's go-ahead grand slam in the 8th inning puts RailRiders ahead late - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mets Lead Crumbles in Eighth Inning as RailRiders Win, 6-5 - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Memorial Day Weekend Homstand Continues Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (25-18) at Columbus Clippers (26-18) - Indianapolis Indians
- Biggio Receives First Big League Call - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Toledo Mud Hens (16-27) at Louisville Bats (18-28) - Louisville Bats
- Triple-A All-Star Voting Underway - Indianapolis Indians
- Triple-A All-Star Fan Voting Underway - IL
- Key Red Barons Reunion Weekend Details Announced - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Dickerson Set for Rehab Assignment with Indianapolis - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Close May, Open June with Massive Homestand - Durham Bulls
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- SWB Game Notes
- Maybin Joins RailRiders on MLB Rehab Stint
- Louisville Power Stops RailRiders
- SWB Game Notes
- Pair Of Home Runs From Kyle Higashioka Pace Railriders Victory