Bulls Big Inning Drops Bats, 9-3
LOUISVILLE, Ky.- The Louisville Bats (59-65) dropped game one of a two-game series to the Durham Bulls (59-65) Monday night at Louisville Slugger Field, 9-3.
The Bulls took an early lead in the top of the third inning when Nick Franklin grounded into a fielder's choice, scoring Hak-Ju Lee. A sac fly from Taylor Motter sent home Luke Maile, giving Durham a 2-0 lead.
Louisville responded in the bottom of the third with a RBI single by shortstop Kristopher Negron to bring home Juan Perez, cutting the lead to 2-1.
After allowing four runs in the fifth, right-hander Donn Roach (L, 2-3, 5.20) exited the game for the Bats and was replaced by right-hander Layne Somsen. Roach allowed nine hits, seven earned runs, one walk and three strike outs.
Starting on the mound for the Bulls was lefty Matt Moore (W, 2-2, 3.86). He went seven innings, allowed eight hits, three earned runs, six strike outs and one home run.
A solo homer by Motter added to the Durham lead in the top of the seventh, making it an 8-1 Bulls lead.
Center-fielder Ryan LaMarre answered back in the bottom of the seventh with a home run to center field scoring Juan Silva, to reach the 8-3 final score.
The Bats face Durham at Louisville Slugger Field again tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. Projected to take the mound is lefty Tony Cingrani (0-1, 1.59) for Louisville, and right-hander Matt Andriese (3-3, 2.35) for Durham.
Images from this story
Ryan LaMarre of the Louisville Bats Follows through on Home Run Swing
(Pat Pfister - pfoto.com)
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2015
- Toledo's Comeback Falls Short in Extra Innings - Toledo Mud Hens
- Alvarez Boosts Tides by Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Davidson Homers, Knights Fall 10-6 Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Buffalo Falls Short to vs. Red Wings, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- PawSox Open Homestand with 6-1 Win over Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Big Inning Drops Bats, 9-3 - Louisville Bats
- Chiefs Finally Fall to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Rally to Beat Bisons 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Blue Jays Promote All-Star Matt Hague - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Durham Bulls
- Blue Jays Recall Bisons' All-Star Matt Hague, Option Hutchison, Loup to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Reveal 2016 Schedule for All-Star Season at BB&T Ballpark - Charlotte Knights
- Pompey, Sanchez Star Wars Jersey Auction - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2016 Schedule and Game Times - Buffalo Bisons
- Buxton Named Batavia Downs Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Chris Jones Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Back for Five Games as Season Enters Home Stretch - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.