Knights Reveal 2016 Schedule for All-Star Season at BB&T Ballpark
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) - Highlighted by the MLB Network's telecast of the 2016 Triple-A All-Star Game, next season's schedule is jam-packed full of prime home dates for the team's third season in Uptown Charlotte.
The 144-game schedule features 72 home games at BB&T Ballpark, the most visited venue in Minor League Baseball thus far in 2015. Through 62 home games in 2015, the Knights have welcomed 584,681 fans, for an average of 9,430. In all, BB&T Ballpark has welcomed 30 sell-out crowds over the course of this season.
The 2016 campaign officially gets underway on the road for the Knights, who will open up in Durham, NC on Thursday, April 7 against the team's in-state rival Durham Bulls. After a four-game set against the Bulls, the Knights will head to Norfolk, VA for a three-game series against the Norfolk Tides at Harbor Park.
A day later, BB&T Ballpark and Uptown Charlotte will be rocking on Thursday, April 14 as Knights baseball returns to the Queen City for the club's 2016 home opener. The Knights will kick off the 2016 home slate with a nine-game homestand against International League South Division foes, the Durham Bulls (April 14-17), Norfolk Tides (April 18-20), and the Gwinnett Braves (April 21-22).
The 2016 season will feature seven Thirsty Thursday games, presented by Hickory Tavern, as well as 10 Friday Night Fireworks games, presented by News Talk 1110 WBT, 107.9 The Link, and BB&T. The third season at BB&T Ballpark also consists of 11 home games on both Saturday and Sunday. New in 2016, all Saturday home game times will be moved up an hour from 7:05 to 6:05 p.m. Sunday games will start at 2:05 p.m. from April 17 to July 10. The final four will be evening starts.
Specialty games featuring the 11th Annual Pink Knights game, Military Tributes, including a Memorial Day game (Thursday, May 30), and a Father's Day celebration (June 19) headline a preliminary list of promotional dates.
Back at home in 2016 on America's Birthday, the Knights will face the Pawtucket Red Sox in an exciting Fourth of July matchup. A seven-game homestand from July 4 to July 10 leads into the 2016 Triple-A All-Star Game and Festivities, which will take place in Uptown Charlotte from July 11-13. BB&T Ballpark will host the 2016 Triple-A All-Star Game pitting the International League against the Pacific Coast League on Wednesday, July 13. The game will be broadcast live on the MLB Network, showcasing the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County to a nationally televised audience while Major League Baseball will be on hiatus.
Tickets for the 2016 All-Star season, including the 2016 Triple-A All-Star Game, will go on sale at a later date. Single-game tickets for all games remaining during the 2015 season are available by phone at 704-274-8282, in person at the BB&T Ballpark Ticket Office, or online at charlotteknights.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2015
- Toledo's Comeback Falls Short in Extra Innings - Toledo Mud Hens
- Alvarez Boosts Tides by Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Davidson Homers, Knights Fall 10-6 Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Buffalo Falls Short to vs. Red Wings, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- PawSox Open Homestand with 6-1 Win over Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Big Inning Drops Bats, 9-3 - Louisville Bats
- Chiefs Finally Fall to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Rally to Beat Bisons 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Blue Jays Promote All-Star Matt Hague - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Durham Bulls
- Blue Jays Recall Bisons' All-Star Matt Hague, Option Hutchison, Loup to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Reveal 2016 Schedule for All-Star Season at BB&T Ballpark - Charlotte Knights
- Pompey, Sanchez Star Wars Jersey Auction - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2016 Schedule and Game Times - Buffalo Bisons
- Buxton Named Batavia Downs Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Chris Jones Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Back for Five Games as Season Enters Home Stretch - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- Charlotte Knights Nominated for Minor League Baseball's Top Honor
- Matt Parrott Named IL Sports Turf Manager of the Year for Third Straight Season
- Knights Fall to Tides 7-6 in 10 Innings, Ending 2019 Season
- Knights Fall to Tides 11-2 on Sunday
- Knights Back Atop Wild Card Race with 5-2 Win