Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (64-59, 2nd(-5.0), IL North) vs. Rochester Red Wings (63-60, 3rd(-6.0), IL North)
Monday, August 17, 2015 (7:05 p.m.) - Frontier Field
LHP Randy Wolf (9-1, 2.44) vs. LHP Taylor Rogers (8-10, 3.90)
TV: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel 323
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Sportsnet 590 The Fan, Bisons Baseball Network
Tonight, the Bisons face the Rochester Red Wings in the first game of a three-game series at Frontier Field (7:05 p.m.). The Herd is coming off a 2-1 series win in Syracuse to begin this roadtrip. The Bisons are a game ahead of Rochester in the IL North division standings as they trail Scranton/Wilkes-Barre by five and six games respectfully.
vs. the Red Wings
The Bisons and Red Wings have split the first 14 games of their season series. These three games in Rochester will be the final contests between the clubs this year. Buffalo took three of five from the Wings when they met last week at Coca-Cola Field. The Bisons (18-12) are 1.5 games up on the Red Wings in the 2015 Thruway Cup standings.
LHP RANDY WOLF leads the International League in both ERA (2.44) and winning pct. (9-1, .900) heading into his team-best 23rd start of the season. He has struck out 99 batters this year and needs just one more to become the 21st Bisons pitcher in the modern era with 100 punchouts. Wolf is 4-0 with a 1.05 ERA in five starts since the All-Star break.
INF MATT HAGUE'S 161 hits are six more than any other hitter in affiliated baseball. His .348 average is 35 points better than any hitter and his .427 on-base mark is 51 points higher than the next closest. Hague also has 10 more RBI (83) that the rest of the IL. Hague's .482 slugging pct. is 2nd only to Charlotte's Matt Tuiasosopo (.483).
INF ANDY BURNS is 5th in the International League with a .298 average. Burns picked up his 118th hit last night, 10th-most in the IL. The Triple-A rookie is hitting an even .400 (18-45) this month with eight RBI and five runs scored in 15 games.
Since his August 1 promotion from Double-A, LHP COLT HYNES has made eight scoreless appearances. In 7.1 innings, the lefty has allowed just three hits while striking out eight.
Yesterday, the Blue Jays optioned LHP AARON LOUP to the Bisons. Loup is 2-5 with a 5.20 ERA in 48 games with Toronto this year...In his last three appearances, RHP RYAN TEPERA is 2-0 with a save and seven strikeouts in six scoreless innings of relief.
Blue Jays Update
The Blue Jays (65-54) defeated the Yankees, 3-1, on Sunday afternoon. Former Bison Drew Hutchison allowed just one run in 6.2 innings to improve to 12-2 on the year. Jose Bautista hit his 28th home run of the season. Toronto is off today and will start an 8-game roadtrip in Philadelphia in Tuesday.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2015
- Toledo's Comeback Falls Short in Extra Innings - Toledo Mud Hens
- Alvarez Boosts Tides by Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Davidson Homers, Knights Fall 10-6 Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Buffalo Falls Short to vs. Red Wings, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- PawSox Open Homestand with 6-1 Win over Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Big Inning Drops Bats, 9-3 - Louisville Bats
- Chiefs Finally Fall to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Rally to Beat Bisons 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Blue Jays Promote All-Star Matt Hague - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Durham Bulls
- Blue Jays Recall Bisons' All-Star Matt Hague, Option Hutchison, Loup to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Reveal 2016 Schedule for All-Star Season at BB&T Ballpark - Charlotte Knights
- Pompey, Sanchez Star Wars Jersey Auction - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2016 Schedule and Game Times - Buffalo Bisons
- Buxton Named Batavia Downs Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Chris Jones Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Back for Five Games as Season Enters Home Stretch - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.