Blue Jays Promote All-Star Matt Hague
The Toronto Blue Jays today announced that they have recalled INF MATT HAGUE from the Buffalo Bisons. Toronto also announced that they have optioned RHP DREW HUTCHISON to the Bisons. On Sunday, the Blue Jays optioned LHP AARON LOUP to the Bisons.
Hague has been one of the best hitters in all of Minor League baseball this season. With 161 base hits, he has six more hits than any other player in all of affiliated baseball, Major Leagues and minor leagues. Hague leads the International League with a .348 average (35 points higher than next closest), 83 RBI (10 more than next), 223 total bases (13 more than next) and a .427 on-base pct. (51 points higher than next). He also leads the IL with 121 games played and ranks in the League's top 5 in doubles (30 -3rd), slugging pct. (.482 -2nd), runs scored (67 -4th) and walks (57 -2nd).
Hague was an International League midseason All-Star (1-3, RBI in Triple-A All-Star Game) and was the International League Player of the Month for the month of July (28G, .376, 4 HR, 27 RBI). He reached base in a Bisons' modern era record 10-straight plate appearances, April 23-24 in Lehigh Valley (6-6, 4 BB), and reached base in a 2015 IL best 37 consecutive games, June 9-July 20 (.368, 25 RBI, .472 OBP). Hague also homered in back-to-back games, July 18-19 against Columbus, and had three doubles on both May 21 and May 23 in Toledo. Hague has produced 51 multi-hit performances this year and has driven in a run in 49 different games (Bisons 35-14 in those games).
Hutchison is 12-2 with a 5.06 ERA and a team-high 115 strikeouts in 24 starts with the Blue Jays. His 12 wins are 2nd on Toronto's staff and his .857 winning pct. is tied for the best in the American League. Hutchison last threw on Sunday and defeated the Yankees with 6.2 innings of one-run baseball.
Loup will be making his Triple-A debut for the Bisons, having made the jump to Toronto from Double-A New Hampshire during the 2012 season. This year, the lefty reliever is 2-5 with a 5.20 ERA in 48 appearances for the Blue Jays. Loup has struck out 40 and walked just six in 36.1 innings of work.
Images from this story
Matt Hague of the Buffalo Bisons
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2015
- Toledo's Comeback Falls Short in Extra Innings - Toledo Mud Hens
- Alvarez Boosts Tides by Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Davidson Homers, Knights Fall 10-6 Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Buffalo Falls Short to vs. Red Wings, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- PawSox Open Homestand with 6-1 Win over Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Big Inning Drops Bats, 9-3 - Louisville Bats
- Chiefs Finally Fall to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Rally to Beat Bisons 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Blue Jays Promote All-Star Matt Hague - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Durham Bulls
- Blue Jays Recall Bisons' All-Star Matt Hague, Option Hutchison, Loup to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Reveal 2016 Schedule for All-Star Season at BB&T Ballpark - Charlotte Knights
- Pompey, Sanchez Star Wars Jersey Auction - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2016 Schedule and Game Times - Buffalo Bisons
- Buxton Named Batavia Downs Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Chris Jones Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Back for Five Games as Season Enters Home Stretch - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Mike Buczkowski Named 2019 International League "Executive of the Year"
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)