Bisons Announce 2016 Schedule and Game Times
Just as an action-packed 2015 season hits the homestretch with 10 games left this summer at Coca-Cola Field, the Bisons have given their fans even more dates to circle on their calendars for future baseball fun. The Herd today announced their 2016 SCHEDULE and GAME TIMES for the 131st season of professional baseball in Buffalo.
The summer-heavy 2016 schedule for the Bisons features 49 of their 72 home games from June to the end of the season and just seven home games in the entire month of April. It all gets started for the Bisons on Thursday, April 7 in Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) in the first game of a seven-game roadtrip. Buffalo will hold its Home Opener on Thursday, April 14 against the Rochester Red Wings (2:05 p.m.) on the 28th anniversary of the first game ever played at Coca-Cola Field in 1988.
The 2016 schedule also features an International League-best 34 home contests from June 30 to the end of the season. Eight of the 11 fridaynightbash! games on the schedule occur in June, July and August while the sweet sounds of baseball will echo through Coca-Cola Field in six of the nine weekends over the final two months of the summer.
The Bisons also announced the dates for three great ballpark traditions; the annual School Kids Day on Wednesday, June 1 vs. Columbus Clippers (10:35 a.m.), the 22nd Annual KeyBank Independence Eve Celebration on Sunday, July 3 against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (6:05 p.m.) and the annual Fan Appreciation Night on Thursday, September 1 against the RailRiders (6:05 p.m.).
2016 Schedule Details
The 2016 schedule will feature 11 fridaynightbash! games, including four in the month of July and two more in August. The Bisons will be home 17 times in July (an increase of two from this season) and 16 more times in August/September.
A total of 49 of the team's 72 home games will be played June-September, SEVEN more than the 2015 and 68% of their overall schedule. Thirty-one games will be played at Coca-Cola Field on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday next season (43% of schedule).
Throughout the 2016 season, the Bisons will use the customary 7:05 p.m. start time for most evening games after the first two months of the season. Most Sundays and weekday afternoon starts will have a 1:05 p.m. first pitch while a 6:05 p.m. first pitch will be used for various special event games.
The Bisons will put season tickets and ticket packages on sale for the 2016 season in the fall. A complete promotional schedule will be announced during the team's off-season.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2015
- Toledo's Comeback Falls Short in Extra Innings - Toledo Mud Hens
- Alvarez Boosts Tides by Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Davidson Homers, Knights Fall 10-6 Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Buffalo Falls Short to vs. Red Wings, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- PawSox Open Homestand with 6-1 Win over Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Big Inning Drops Bats, 9-3 - Louisville Bats
- Chiefs Finally Fall to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Rally to Beat Bisons 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Blue Jays Promote All-Star Matt Hague - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Durham Bulls
- Blue Jays Recall Bisons' All-Star Matt Hague, Option Hutchison, Loup to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Reveal 2016 Schedule for All-Star Season at BB&T Ballpark - Charlotte Knights
- Pompey, Sanchez Star Wars Jersey Auction - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2016 Schedule and Game Times - Buffalo Bisons
- Buxton Named Batavia Downs Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Chris Jones Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Back for Five Games as Season Enters Home Stretch - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Rain Forces the Suspension of Saturday's Bisons/RailRiders Doubleheader at Sahlen Field
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, DH (1:05 p.m.)
- Friday's Bisons/RailRiders Game Postponed
- Friday's Bisons/RailRiders Game Postponed Due to Rain
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (6:05 p.m.)