Broncos Can't Solve Ramsay in Loss to Kamloops
KAMLOOPS, BC - The Swift Current Broncos (2-5-0-1) began a five-game road trip through the British Columbia Division against the Kamloops Blazers (6-4-0-0) Tuesday night. Rayce Ramsay turned aside all 23 shots he faced as the Broncos fell 4-0.
A back and forth first period saw a few good chances for the Broncos as the Blazers kept turning the puck over in their own zone. Swift Current couldn't capitalize and it eventually caught up to them.
Late in the first, Ryan Hughes skated over the Broncos line before feathering a pass to the front of the net. Martin Lang was streaking to the goal and redirected it over Reece Klassen's glove to give the Blazers the lead.
While the first period was relatively even, the second period was not. The Blazers outshot the Broncos 17-3 in the middle frame and added a pair of goals.
On a quick transition play up the ice, Connor Zary gained the Broncos line before dropping it back to the trailer Orin Centazzo. He ripped a one timer over the glove of Klassen to make it 2-0 at the 9:24 mark.
Six seconds after Connor Horning stepped out of the box for interference, he was called for tripping after trying to take a stretch pass. This time the Blazers took advantage.
A tic-tac-toe passing play resulted in Centazzo scoring his second of the net on a back door tap in to make it 3-0.
Ben King had a chance to cut into the lead in the final seconds of the period, coming in on a two-on-one rush, but Hughes made a sliding defensive play to break it up.
The third period was much better for the Broncos than the second, but they were unable to solve Ramsay to recorded his first career shutout with 23 saves. Josh Pillar added a goal with 19 seconds left to round out the scoring.
Swift Current looks to rebound against the Kelowna Rockets (5-3-1-0) Wednesday night.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2019
- Raiders Rocket up to Third in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- League High 3 T-Birds to Play for Team Canada at 2019 World U-17 Hockey Challenge - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Goaltender Joel Hofer to Play for Team WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- Addison, Cozens Named to CIBC Canada Russia Series - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Tips F Cole Fonstad, D Olen Zellweger Named to National Events for Canada, Team WHL - Everett Silvertips
- Connor Zary Named to Team WHL - Kamloops Blazers
- Nolan Maier & Kirby Dach Named to Team WHL for 2019 Canada Russia Series - Saskatoon Blades
- Smith and Beckman Named to Canada Russia Series Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks' Joel Hofer to Play for Team WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- Byram Named to Team WHL's Roster for 2019 Cibc Canada Russia Series - Vancouver Giants
- Team WHL Roster Announced for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - WHL
- Two Hitmen Named to Team WHL - Calgary Hitmen
- Korczak, Foote and Hamaliuk named to Team WHL for the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Allan Named to Canada's 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge Roster - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Nolan Bentham Named to Hockey Canada's Under-17 Roster - Victoria Royals
- 16 WHL Players Selected to Represent Canada at World U-17 Hockey Challenge - WHL
- Hitmen Forward Sean Tschigerl to Play in 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Calgary Hitmen
- Brennan Named to Hockey Canada's Roster for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Prince George Cougars
- Preview: Broncos Head to Kelowna Looking to End Slide - Swift Current Broncos
- Guenther Named to Team Canada for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Carson Lambos, Matthew Savoie Named to Team Canada Roster for World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Winnipeg Ice
- Mini Packs on Sale Now - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Sward Named to Hockey Canada U-17 Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Stankoven Named to Canada's Under-17 Roster - Kamloops Blazers
- ICE Players to Visit Local Schools, Read to Students as Part of Reading with the ICE Presented by Taylor McCaffrey - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Lose Final Game of 5-In-7 Spurt - Saskatoon Blades
- Broncos Can't Solve Ramsay in Loss to Kamloops - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Defeat Blades 3-1 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Fall to Hurricanes - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.