Allan Named to Canada's 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge Roster
Prince Albert, SK - Prince Albert Raiders defenceman Nolan Allan was one of 66 players selected to represent Canada at the 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge on Wednesday.
The 66 players will be divided into three teams and will compete against the Czech Republic, Finland, Russia, Sweden, and the United States.
"After a successful development camp with the top young players in the country, there were many difficult decisions made to select the 66 players that will compete at this year's World Under-17 Hockey Challenge," said Hockey Canada Head Scout Brad McEwen. "We feel this group exemplifies the values of the Program of Excellence and will represent Canada with pride as we compete for a gold medal this November."
Allan was the third overall pick in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft by the Raiders. The Davidson, SK product has played in all nine games the Raiders have played this season, scoring a goal and adding an assist.
The 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge runs from Nov. 2 to 9 in Medicine Hat, AB and Swift Current, SK. All three Canadian teams are in action on the first day of the tournament. Canada Red takes on Russia in Swift Current, while Canada Black faces off against Canada White in Medicine Hat.
Prior to the start of the tournament, the Canadian teams will take the ice for pre-tournament games on Thursday, Oct. 31. Canada Black takes on Finland, Canada White meets Russia, and Canada Red plays against the United States.
TSN will air the semifinal on Friday, Nov. 8 and the bronze- and gold-medal games on Saturday, Nov. 9.
The Raiders hit the road for their next five games as they embark on their biennial US Division road trip, which begins on Saturday night in Everett against the Silvertips. Game time is 8:05 p.m. CST. Catch the game at The Rock And Iron Sports Bar, or listen to Trevor Redden on 900 CKBI.
The next Raiders' home game is on Friday, November 1 against the Regina Pats. Puck drop is 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the Raiders Office and raiderhockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2019
- Raiders Rocket up to Third in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- League High 3 T-Birds to Play for Team Canada at 2019 World U-17 Hockey Challenge - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Goaltender Joel Hofer to Play for Team WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- Addison, Cozens Named to CIBC Canada Russia Series - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Tips F Cole Fonstad, D Olen Zellweger Named to National Events for Canada, Team WHL - Everett Silvertips
- Connor Zary Named to Team WHL - Kamloops Blazers
- Nolan Maier & Kirby Dach Named to Team WHL for 2019 Canada Russia Series - Saskatoon Blades
- Smith and Beckman Named to Canada Russia Series Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks' Joel Hofer to Play for Team WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- Byram Named to Team WHL's Roster for 2019 Cibc Canada Russia Series - Vancouver Giants
- Team WHL Roster Announced for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - WHL
- Two Hitmen Named to Team WHL - Calgary Hitmen
- Korczak, Foote and Hamaliuk named to Team WHL for the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Allan Named to Canada's 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge Roster - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Nolan Bentham Named to Hockey Canada's Under-17 Roster - Victoria Royals
- 16 WHL Players Selected to Represent Canada at World U-17 Hockey Challenge - WHL
- Hitmen Forward Sean Tschigerl to Play in 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Calgary Hitmen
- Brennan Named to Hockey Canada's Roster for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Prince George Cougars
- Preview: Broncos Head to Kelowna Looking to End Slide - Swift Current Broncos
- Guenther Named to Team Canada for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Carson Lambos, Matthew Savoie Named to Team Canada Roster for World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Winnipeg Ice
- Mini Packs on Sale Now - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Sward Named to Hockey Canada U-17 Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Stankoven Named to Canada's Under-17 Roster - Kamloops Blazers
- ICE Players to Visit Local Schools, Read to Students as Part of Reading with the ICE Presented by Taylor McCaffrey - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Lose Final Game of 5-In-7 Spurt - Saskatoon Blades
- Broncos Can't Solve Ramsay in Loss to Kamloops - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Defeat Blades 3-1 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Fall to Hurricanes - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.