Blue Holds on to Win Ninth Straight
WALKER, Mich., Jan. 28, 2015 - The Oklahoma City Blue overcame a double-digit deficit to earn a 100-90 road win over the Grand Rapids Drive on Wednesday.
Semaj Christon led the Blue with a game-high 29 points, including 22 in the second half, adding five rebounds and three assists. Fellow guard Marquis Teague tallied 18 points, seven boards, three assists and a pair of steals.
Talib Zanna scored 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds and Josh Huestis totaled eight points and eight rebounds. Dane Miller added 10 points and seven rebounds off the bench.
The Drive jumped out to a 20-10 lead in the first quarter and maintained a 47-42 advantage at halftime. Oklahoma City used a 15-5 run to turn a five point deficit into a 69-64 lead with just over two minutes remaining in the third quarter. The Blue outscored the Drive 5-0 in the final 90 seconds of the third to take a 74-67 lead into the fourth. Richard Solomon grabbed seven rebounds in five minutes in the frame as the Blue totaled 17 third-quarter boards.
Oklahoma City built a 13 point lead in the fourth quarter but the Drive put up a 10-0 run to make it 91-89 with 2:53 to play. The Blue scored nine straight points before Grand Rapids scored again with a free throw at the 17-second mark. Oklahoma City held the Drive to 0-of-4 shooting in the final two minutes to clinch its ninth consecutive win.
The Blue (17-10) outrebounded the Drive 54-48 and held Grand Rapids to 35.9 percent shooting.
Grand Rapids (13-13) was led by Adonis Thomas with 26 points.
Oklahoma City, who has won 13 of its last 15 games, is back in action Thursday night at the COX Convention Center when it hosts the Erie BayHawks. Ticket information for the 7 p.m. contest can be found at OklahomaCityBlue.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2015
- Blue Hold off Drive's Comeback - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Holds on to Win Ninth Straight - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - G League
- Red Claws Acquire Mike Schachtner - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Waive Alfred Aboya - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Assign Ezeli to Santa Cruz - G League
- Warriors Assign Festus Ezeli to Santa Cruz; Recall Ognjen Kuzmic from D-League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Cavs Recall Joe Harris - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Acquire Ty Walker Rights from Erie - Reno Bighorns
- BayHawks Complete Trade - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Waive Todd Mayo - Westchester Knicks
- Bighorns Two-Game Homestand to Benefit Susan G. Komen and Veterans Guest House - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Acquire Former IU Hoosier Will Sheehey - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reggie Williams Called up to San Antonio - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Sign Reggie Williams from the NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - G League
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to a 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Pacers Assign Whittington to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- Shayne Whittington Assigned to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Acquire Trey Gilder - Austin Spurs
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Tickets on Sale Now for NBA D-League All-Star Game 2015 - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Dropped by Bakersfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Cruise Past Warriors to Win Fifth Straight - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy Win Streak Hits Three with Win over RGV Vipers - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Dropped at Home by the Spurs - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter