Blue Hold off Drive's Comeback
Grand Rapids, Mich. - Jan 28 - The Grand Rapids Drive (13-12) fell to the Oklahoma City Blue (17-10) at home on Wednesday night by a score of 100-90.
The Drive were in control for the first half, as Oklahoma City's largest lead in the first half was two points. But the Drive were never able to pull away significantly, as their largest lead of the entire game was 10.
Oklahoma City went into the second half down 47-42, but reeled off a 32-20 third quarter to take a seven-point lead, and control of the game, into the fourth quarter, where they held off a run by the Drive to take the road win.
Semaj Christon piled up 31 points to lead the Blue in scoring. Talib Zanna and Marquis Teague had 15 and 16 points, respectively, and Richard Solomon grabbed 12 rebounds despite coming off the bench.
Adonis Thomas bounced back from a multi-game run of poor shooting, scoring 26 points to lead Grand Rapids in scoring. Renaldo Woolridge excelled in his first start of the year, managing a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds, and Willie Reed also recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
The Blue's length on the perimeter gave the Drive a lot of trouble, as they struggled from the field and were unable to earn trips to the free-throw line. They shot just 37 percent on the game and only attempted 15 free throws.
The Drive's next game is another home contest, Saturday, January 31 at 7 p.m. The Blue also head home for a game that will take place in Oklahoma City tomorrow night against the Erie BayHawks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2015
- Blue Hold off Drive's Comeback - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Holds on to Win Ninth Straight - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - G League
- Red Claws Acquire Mike Schachtner - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Waive Alfred Aboya - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Assign Ezeli to Santa Cruz - G League
- Warriors Assign Festus Ezeli to Santa Cruz; Recall Ognjen Kuzmic from D-League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Cavs Recall Joe Harris - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Acquire Ty Walker Rights from Erie - Reno Bighorns
- BayHawks Complete Trade - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Waive Todd Mayo - Westchester Knicks
- Bighorns Two-Game Homestand to Benefit Susan G. Komen and Veterans Guest House - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Acquire Former IU Hoosier Will Sheehey - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reggie Williams Called up to San Antonio - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Sign Reggie Williams from the NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - G League
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to a 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Pacers Assign Whittington to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- Shayne Whittington Assigned to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Acquire Trey Gilder - Austin Spurs
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Tickets on Sale Now for NBA D-League All-Star Game 2015 - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Dropped by Bakersfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Cruise Past Warriors to Win Fifth Straight - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy Win Streak Hits Three with Win over RGV Vipers - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Dropped at Home by the Spurs - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.