Jam Cruise Past Warriors to Win Fifth Straight
SANTA CRUZ, CALIF., January 27, 2015 - Joe Jackson scored a game-high 31 points on 12-of-16 shooting, as the Bakersfield Jam (19-8) defeated the Santa Cruz Warriors (15-10), 102-89, Tuesday night at Kaiser Permanente Arena. Bakersfield finished the opening period on a 14-1 run and took a 27-17 lead after one quarter of play. In the second, the Jam stretched their lead to as many as 22 points, thanks in part to Jackson's 10-point quarter performance, and went into the break with a 55-39 advantage.
Santa Cruz outscored Bakersfield 28-19 in the third to pull within seven points entering the final frame (74-67). In the fourth, the Jam held their ground and had an answer for every run the Warriors made. At the 9:45 mark, Bakersfield's lead was cut to five points (78-73), but gathered themselves together on both ends of the floor to secure a road victory. Casey Prather had 20 points and five rebounds, while Jamil Wilson posted 17 points, seven rebounds and five blocks. Mac Koshwal finished with 12 points and nine rebounds.
The Warriors were led by Elliot Williams (18 points, 6 assists) and Taylor Griffin (14 points, 9 rebounds). Mychel Thompson tallied 12 points.
Next up, the Jam will travel to Los Angeles for a match against the D-Fenders on Friday, January 30 at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2015
- Blue Hold off Drive's Comeback - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Holds on to Win Ninth Straight - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - G League
- Red Claws Acquire Mike Schachtner - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Waive Alfred Aboya - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Assign Ezeli to Santa Cruz - G League
- Warriors Assign Festus Ezeli to Santa Cruz; Recall Ognjen Kuzmic from D-League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Cavs Recall Joe Harris - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Acquire Ty Walker Rights from Erie - Reno Bighorns
- BayHawks Complete Trade - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Waive Todd Mayo - Westchester Knicks
- Bighorns Two-Game Homestand to Benefit Susan G. Komen and Veterans Guest House - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Acquire Former IU Hoosier Will Sheehey - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reggie Williams Called up to San Antonio - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Sign Reggie Williams from the NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - G League
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to a 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Pacers Assign Whittington to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- Shayne Whittington Assigned to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Acquire Trey Gilder - Austin Spurs
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Tickets on Sale Now for NBA D-League All-Star Game 2015 - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Dropped by Bakersfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Cruise Past Warriors to Win Fifth Straight - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy Win Streak Hits Three with Win over RGV Vipers - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Dropped at Home by the Spurs - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.