Mad Ants Acquire Former IU Hoosier Will Sheehey
FORT WAYNE, IN (January 28, 2015) -The Fort Wayne Mad Ants have acquired Former Indiana Hoosier standout Will Sheehey. Sheehey, pending a physical, is scheduled to join the team tomorrow, January 29th, as they host the Iowa Energy at 7:00 p.m at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne.
Sheehey became a standout during his career at Indiana University due to his hard work and selfless team play, and he was a big part of Indiana basketball's return to national prominence. Sheehey was named the Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year during his junior season, the first Hoosier to receive this honor in IU basketball history. Sheehey was named to the Honorable Mention All-Big Ten Team his senior season after averaging 11.4 points and 4.0 points per game. He shot 47.2% from the floor that season and scored double digits in nine of his last ten games, including a career best 30 point performance against Iowa. Sheehey finished his IU career 37th on the all-time scoring list with 1,120 points. He was later named to the Reese's College All-Star game where he helped lead the East to a victory with 13 points and 5 rebounds. Beyond his exemplary career at IU, Sheehey also played for USA Basketball Men's World University Games Team in 2013 where he averaged 10.3 points per game in 17 minutes per game.
The Mad Ants will host the Iowa Energy this Thursday, January 29th for a 7:00 p.m. match-up. Fans can purchase Mad Ants tickets anytime, which start at just $6, at the Memorial Coliseum Box Office, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2015
- Blue Hold off Drive's Comeback - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Holds on to Win Ninth Straight - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown from the Grand Rapids Drive - G League
- Red Claws Acquire Mike Schachtner - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Waive Alfred Aboya - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Assign Ezeli to Santa Cruz - G League
- Warriors Assign Festus Ezeli to Santa Cruz; Recall Ognjen Kuzmic from D-League - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Cavs Recall Joe Harris - Canton Charge
- Bighorns Acquire Ty Walker Rights from Erie - Reno Bighorns
- BayHawks Complete Trade - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Waive Todd Mayo - Westchester Knicks
- Bighorns Two-Game Homestand to Benefit Susan G. Komen and Veterans Guest House - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Acquire Former IU Hoosier Will Sheehey - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reggie Williams Called up to San Antonio - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Sign Reggie Williams from the NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jazz Sign Rio Grande Valley's Chris Johnson to a 10-Day Contract - G League
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to a 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Pacers Assign Whittington to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- Shayne Whittington Assigned to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Acquire Trey Gilder - Austin Spurs
- Bucks Sign Canton's Jorge Gutierrez to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Tickets on Sale Now for NBA D-League All-Star Game 2015 - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Dropped by Bakersfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Cruise Past Warriors to Win Fifth Straight - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy Win Streak Hits Three with Win over RGV Vipers - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede Dropped at Home by the Spurs - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Use Second Half Rally to Beat Drive in OT
- Mad Ants Acquire Rights for Alex Hamilton and 2019 Draft Pick from Windy City
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants Fall Short at Home against Canton
- Mad Ants Defense Rises up at Home against Windy City