Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (6:30 p.m.)
June 15, 2019 | 6:30 p.m. ET | Louisville Slugger Field | Louisville, KY | Game # 66| Away Game # 34
BUFFALO BISONS (30-35, 5th, -8.0 North) at LOUISVILLE BATS (27-40, 4th, -11.5 West)
RHP Conor Fisk (1-3, 5.09) vs. RHP Brad Markey (1-1, 9.00)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening the Bisons take on the Louisville Bats for game two of their three game series in Louisville. The Herd dropped game one after coming in off a series sweep in Indianapolis. Following this series with the Bats, the Herd will have an off day on Monday and then begin a home stand with a three-game set against the Indians.
Last Game: BUF 2, LOU 3
Buffalo had a hard time getting the offense going yesterday, despite Bo Bichette showcasing his talent early in the game with a lead-off home run out to center. Ryan Feierabend gave up six hits and three earned runs in his sixth start of the season. The Bats did just enough to hold a one-run lead from the sixth inning on.
Louisville Bats (2-2)
Buffalo and Louisville are meeting for the second time in 2019 as the Bisons won the last series when they hosted the Bats in May. This will be their final meeting of the season for the former American Association rivals.
RHP Conor Fisk comes into tonight's game carrying a 1-3 record and a 5.09 ERA in four starts. Fisk has pitched 35.1 innings, and has recorded 35 strikeouts while walking 17 batters. In his last start against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, he threw 3.0 innings giving up four hits including two home runs. He will look to get back on track and in the win column for Buffalo tonight when he takes the hill.
Bo Bichette has not needed time to adjust since coming off the IL with a broken hand. During his two games back, he is 3-10 (.300) with a double, and a home run. In last night's game, he took the third pitch of the game deep to center field for his second home run of the year. He is now batting .254 on the season.
RHP William Ouellette came in during the sixth inning of yesterday's game and threw three shut-out innings as he sent down the Bats offense allowing no hits, no walks, and no runs while also striking out three. He threw his season high 3.0 IP which brings his season total up to 11.1.
3B Andy Burns brought his season RBI total up to 24 with a ground-out in the second-inning that scored Jonathan Davis and put the Bisons up 2-1. Although he finished 0-3 in yesterdays game, he continues to produce and has become a reliable hitter for the Bisons offense.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (25-44) dropped game one of their three-game series against the best team in the American League, the Houston Astros. The Blue Jays only amassed five hits scoring two runs as Houston strung together 12 hits to put up 15 runs to beat the Jays. Game two of the series will be today at 4:10 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Candelario, Rogers Homer Hens to Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Get the Job Done in 11-8 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Mazza, Mets Shut out Stripers, 5-0, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Falls Short in High-Scoring Affair, 11-8 - Louisville Bats
- Syracuse Blanks Gwinnett, 5-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights and Red Wings Suspended on Saturday from Rochester - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings, Knights Suspended Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bulls Blank RailRiders, 2-0 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Blank RailRiders in Front of Record Crowd - Durham Bulls
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs Game Recap - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox and Indians Rained out Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indians-Red Sox to Play Sunday Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (30-35) at Louisville Bats (27-40) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (6:30 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Agrazal's Contract Selected by Pittsburgh, Debuting Tonight in Miami - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Game Sold out Saturday Night - Durham Bulls
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Blue Jays Add Former World Series Champ in Rzepczynski
- Save the Date: Bisons Family Day Open House Set for Saturday, March 21
- Blue Jays Add Veteran Petricka with Minor League Deal
- Pearson, Snead, Tice Among Seven 2019 Bisons Invited to Blue Jays Camp.
- 'Season Starter' Pack Includes Opening Day, 75% in Savings