Bulls Blank RailRiders in Front of Record Crowd
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls blanked the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders 2-0 Saturday night at the DBAP in front of a paid attendance of 12,000, the largest single-game paid attendance in Durham Bulls history.
Five Durham Bulls pitchers combined on a two-hit shutout, with Brendan McKay (3-0) earning the victory after tossing five innings of one-hit ball while striking out seven and walking just one. McKay, along with Jake Cronenworth (1.0 inning), Mike Franco (1.2), Vidal Nuno (0.1) and Ian Gibaut (1.0) held Yankees rehabbers Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton to a combined 0-for-8 performance with four strikeouts. Raynel Espinal (3-5) took the loss for the RailRiders, allowing one run across six innings.
Kean Wong tallied Durham's first RBI in the bottom of the third, when he lined a base hit to left field, scoring Nathan Lukes. The 1-0 score held until the bottom of the seventh, when Michael Perez homered to right field to double the lead.
The paid attendance of 12,000 set a new franchise record, besting the previous mark of 11,897 set on July 4, 2017.
The Bulls, who have won eight games in a row, go for the series sweep Sunday at 5:05 p.m. Cole Sulser (3-2, 5.46) is scheduled to open for Durham and will face off against Chance Adams (4-1, 3.35) for Scranton/WB.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Candelario, Rogers Homer Hens to Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Get the Job Done in 11-8 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Mazza, Mets Shut out Stripers, 5-0, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Falls Short in High-Scoring Affair, 11-8 - Louisville Bats
- Syracuse Blanks Gwinnett, 5-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights and Red Wings Suspended on Saturday from Rochester - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings, Knights Suspended Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bulls Blank RailRiders, 2-0 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Blank RailRiders in Front of Record Crowd - Durham Bulls
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs Game Recap - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox and Indians Rained out Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indians-Red Sox to Play Sunday Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (30-35) at Louisville Bats (27-40) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (6:30 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Agrazal's Contract Selected by Pittsburgh, Debuting Tonight in Miami - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Game Sold out Saturday Night - Durham Bulls
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.