Agrazal's Contract Selected by Pittsburgh, Debuting Tonight in Miami
INDIANAPOLIS - Today the Pittsburgh Pirates selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Dario Agrazal from Indianapolis. Agrazal is slated to start for Pittsburgh in Miami this evening, marking the seventh Tribe player this season to make his major league debut and fourth pitcher, joining Montana DuRapau, Geoff Hartlieb and Mitch Keller.
Agrazal, 24, opened the 2019 campaign with Double-A Altoona, where he went 1-1 with a 3.60 ERA (10er/25.0ip) in four starts. He was promoted to Indy on April 28 and made his Triple-A debut on April 29 vs. Columbus, earning the win with 6.2 innings of two-run ball. He won his most recent outing with the Tribe on June 9 at Toledo, throwing 7.0 innings and allowing just two runs on four hits with three strikeouts. In eight total starts for Indy, the Panama native is 4-2 with a 3.10 ERA (17er/49.1ip), 0.97 WHIP and .216 average against.
In 12 starts between Altoona and Indianapolis, Agrazal sports a 5-3 record and 3.27 ERA (27er/74.1ip), averaging over six innings per start. Ten of his 12 outings lasted six or more innings.
Agrazal signed with the Pirates as a non-drafted free agent on July 1, 2012. He owns a career record of 38-34 in the minors with a 3.45 ERA (228er/594.0ip) and 4.4:1 strikeout-to-walk ratio (378k/86bb).
Indianapolis' first-time call-ups are presented by Franciscan Health.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Candelario, Rogers Homer Hens to Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Get the Job Done in 11-8 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Mazza, Mets Shut out Stripers, 5-0, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Falls Short in High-Scoring Affair, 11-8 - Louisville Bats
- Syracuse Blanks Gwinnett, 5-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights and Red Wings Suspended on Saturday from Rochester - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings, Knights Suspended Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bulls Blank RailRiders, 2-0 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Blank RailRiders in Front of Record Crowd - Durham Bulls
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs Game Recap - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox and Indians Rained out Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indians-Red Sox to Play Sunday Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (30-35) at Louisville Bats (27-40) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (6:30 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Agrazal's Contract Selected by Pittsburgh, Debuting Tonight in Miami - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Game Sold out Saturday Night - Durham Bulls
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Cam Vieaux Coaches his Way Through 2020
- Staff Highlight: Joey Stevenson, Director of Field Operations
- Indianapolis Indians Charities Partners with Toys for Tots
- Rowdie's GIVEmber Campaign Ignites Holiday Spirit
- How Brandon Waddell's Quiet Summer Became a Dream Come True