Belleville Sens Sign Forward John Quenneville to American Hockey League Contract
February 2, 2023 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Belleville Senators News Release
BELLEVILLE, ON - The Belleville Senators have announced the signing of forward John Quenneville to a standard American Hockey League contract, for the remainder of the 2022-23 season.
A former first-round pick (30th overall) to the New Jersey Devils in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the 26-year-old native of Edmonton, Alberta started the season in Sweden, where he had 12 points (five goals, seven assists) with Leksands IF.
Prior to heading overseas, Quenneville split time between the NHL and AHL over five seasons, playing games with the New Jersey Devils and their affiliates in Albany and Binghamton, as well as the Chicago Blackhawks and their affiliate in Rockford. Over the course of his North American pro career, Quenneville as registered five points (two goals, three assists) in 42 NHL games and 143 points (60 goals, 83 assists) in 190 AHL games. He's also a two-time American Hockey League All-Star selection.
In his junior years, Quenneville spent four seasons with the Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings, winning a WHL championship in 2015-16 and representing Canada at the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship, the World Under-18 Hockey Championship, and the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
Quenneville is expected to be in the lineup Saturday, when the Belleville Sens play their final game before the All-Star break, against the Rochester Americans. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. (ET) at CAA Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2023
- Amerks Unable to Climb out of Early Deficit in 5-3 Loss to Senators - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Return Home to Host Laval Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- SERIES Preview VS. COL: February 3 & 4 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Riley Nash Set to Share Special Memories at All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Abbotsford Canucks vs San Jose Barracuda Series Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Wranglers Open Additional Seating Friday vs Condors - Calgary Wranglers
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Partnership with Betfred - Henderson Silver Knights
- Ahcan Added to Atlantic Division All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Griffins to Host Manitoba on Princess Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Sign Forward John Quenneville to American Hockey League Contract - Belleville Senators
- Bolduc Excited for All-Star Homecoming - Bridgeport Islanders
- Monsters Assign Goaltender Pavel Cajan to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Monsters to Retire Former Cleveland Lumberjacks Dave Michayluk's Number Before Saturday's Game - Cleveland Monsters
- Filip Zadina Assigned to Griffins on Conditioning Loan - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Blasted at Home by Abbotsford - San Diego Gulls
- Canucks Put Six Past Gulls, Pick up 6-1 Road Victory in San Diego - Abbotsford Canucks
- Phantoms Get Their Revenge, Blast Bears 5-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Sens Fall in Cleveland
- Belleville Sens' Strong Run of Play Continues with Win in Cleveland
- Thomson Helps Lift Belleville Sens to Important Win
- Belleville Sens and Cool 100 to Host "Country Night" on April 1
- Valiant Effort Earns Belleville Sens Point in Lehigh Valley