Another Day, Another Redbirds Comeback Win
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Redbirds made it four straight wins over the Louisville Bats (Triple-A affiliate, Cincinnati Reds) with a 6-4 comeback win on Saturday night at AutoZone Park. The Redbirds are now 17-6 against the Bats this season.
T.J. Zeuch turned in another solid start for Memphis (57-62), allowing just two runs (one earned) on six hits in six innings with five strikeouts. The righthander has gone at least five innings in each of his last four starts. It's also the fewest runs in any start Zeuch has made since joining the Cardinals organization in early August.
Nolan Gorman gave the 'Birds their early offensive output with a two-run home run in the third inning. The top prospect in the Cardinals system has been rolling at the plate this month - he has hits in 13 of the 15 games he's appeared in during September, batting .339 (21-63) with 11 runs driven in and four home runs.
Louisville (50-68) took the lead with two runs in the seventh. Alfredo Rodriguez and Michael De Leon each drove in runs in the inning. The pair finished the night with a combined five hits and fours runs driven.
From there, the 'Birds rallied back once again in the late innings to take the lead for good. First, Memphis scored twice in the seventh on a two-run single from Kramer Robertson to tie the game. Then, in the eighth, the 'Birds scored two runs without recording a hit. Four walks plus a catcher's interference brought home the pair of runs.
Memphis has been impossible to put away the past three nights. They have scored a combined 15 runs in the seventh and eighth innings during the past three games.
Jacob Bosiokovic locked the victory and earned the save with a scoreless ninth. Bosiokovic has been downright phenomenal since his call-up to Triple-A. The former Ohio State Buckeye has allowed just three hits in five scoreless relief appearances with 12 strikeouts in 7.0 innings.
The Memphis Redbirds are the proud Triple-A Affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals. Memphis has claimed four League Championships and one Triple-A National Championship since their affiliation with St. Louis began in 1998. For the latest team news, follow the Redbirds on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Ticket information can be found at memphisredbirds.com/tickets.
Sunday, September 19 vs. Louisville (2:05 p.m. CT)
- Redbirds Probable Starter: LHP Matthew Liberatore
- Bats Probable Starter: LHP Reiver Sanmartin
Listen: MiLB First Pitch App
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 18, 2021
- Norfolk Routed in Loss to Jacksonville Saturday Night - Norfolk Tides
- Memphis' Late Walks Power Another Comeback - Louisville Bats
- Jumbo Shrimp Hit Seven Doubles to Blast Tides 11-4 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- IronPigs lose both games in Saturday DH - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Owen Launches Pair of Homers in 9-5 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Another Day, Another Redbirds Comeback Win - Memphis Redbirds
- SWB Takes Two from LHV - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Grand Slam Powers Rochester to 4-2 Victory over Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Saints Put in the Work, But Lose 9-5 - St. Paul Saints
- Hiura, Taylor Lead Sounds Past Gwinnett - Nashville Sounds
- Jake Noll Slams Wings to Saturday Victory - Rochester Red Wings
- Despite Adam Oller's Solid Start, Mets Fall to Woo Sox, 4-0, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- WooSox Crack Two Homers in 4-0 Victory over Syracuse - Worcester Red Sox
- Robson Goes for Four Hits in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (55-62) vs. St. Paul Saints (61-57) - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 18, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- September 18 Game Notes: Iowa at Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 18, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jumbo Shrimp Alumnus Henry Doubles in MLB Debut - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- McBroom Breaks Storm Chasers-Era Single-Season Home Run Record in Extra-Inning Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Hang on in Marathon Game - Iowa Cubs
- Friedl Plates a Pair But Birds Storm Back to Win - Louisville Bats
- Stowers Wins Game for Tides with Walk-Off in Extras - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Beat the Bulls 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.