Memphis' Late Walks Power Another Comeback
MEMPHIS, TENN - Brendan Donovan and Kramer Robertson coaxed bases-loaded walks in the bottom of the eighth to send the Memphis Redbirds to a 6-4 win over the Louisville Bats Saturday night at AutoZone Park.
Alfredo Rodriguez made his pair of hits count, singling home Narciso Crook in the first for a 1-0 lead and later driving in Francisco Urbaez in the seventh.
Nolan Gorman erased the early tally and put Memphis up 2-1 with a two-run shot in the third. He now has hit safely in 14 of 16 game this month.
Michael De Leon picked up one of his three hits on the night with an RBI single in the fifth to knot things at two apiece. He then drew a bases-loaded walk in the seventh for a 3-2 lead, before Rodriguez came through with his second run-scoring single to buffer Louisville's lead to 4-2.
Robertson drew Memphis even in the home half of the frame with a grounder that just eluded first baseman Brantley Bell and allowed the tying run to score.
In the eighth, Donovan and Roberston walked against Ryan Hendrix to give the Redbirds the victory.
Louisville and Memphis conclude their series Sunday at 3 p.m. at AutoZone Park. LHP Reiver Sanmartin gets the ball against LHP Zack Thompson.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 18, 2021
- Norfolk Routed in Loss to Jacksonville Saturday Night - Norfolk Tides
- Memphis' Late Walks Power Another Comeback - Louisville Bats
- Jumbo Shrimp Hit Seven Doubles to Blast Tides 11-4 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- IronPigs lose both games in Saturday DH - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Owen Launches Pair of Homers in 9-5 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Another Day, Another Redbirds Comeback Win - Memphis Redbirds
- SWB Takes Two from LHV - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Grand Slam Powers Rochester to 4-2 Victory over Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Saints Put in the Work, But Lose 9-5 - St. Paul Saints
- Hiura, Taylor Lead Sounds Past Gwinnett - Nashville Sounds
- Jake Noll Slams Wings to Saturday Victory - Rochester Red Wings
- Despite Adam Oller's Solid Start, Mets Fall to Woo Sox, 4-0, on Saturday Night - Syracuse Mets
- WooSox Crack Two Homers in 4-0 Victory over Syracuse - Worcester Red Sox
- Robson Goes for Four Hits in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (55-62) vs. St. Paul Saints (61-57) - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 18, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- September 18 Game Notes: Iowa at Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 18, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jumbo Shrimp Alumnus Henry Doubles in MLB Debut - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- McBroom Breaks Storm Chasers-Era Single-Season Home Run Record in Extra-Inning Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Hang on in Marathon Game - Iowa Cubs
- Friedl Plates a Pair But Birds Storm Back to Win - Louisville Bats
- Stowers Wins Game for Tides with Walk-Off in Extras - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Beat the Bulls 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.