Anaheim Ducks Reassign Sharp To San Antonio
ANAHEIM, Calif. (January 6, 2010) - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned center MacGregor Sharp to the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Sharp, 24 (10/1/85), appeared in eight games for the Ducks this season, going scoreless with six shots on net. Recalled from San Antonio on Jan. 3, Sharp did not appear in a game in his most recent stint for Anaheim. Originally recalled from Bakersfield (ECHL) on Nov. 18, Sharp made his NHL debut on Nov. 19 vs. Tampa Bay. He was reassigned to San Antonio on Dec. 5 and scored 3-58 points in 12 games. Sharp began the season with the Condors, collecting 4-1014 points with 10 penalty minutes (PIM) in 15 games.
Signed by Anaheim to a two-year entry-level contract on Mar. 31, 2009, Sharp finished tied for fourth in the nation in scoring with 26-2450 points in 43 games with the University of Minnesota-Duluth (UMD) of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) last season. Sharp also ranked second in the country in goals, tied for fourth in game-winning goals (4), and tied for ninth in power play goals (9). Named to the 2009 WCHA All-Tournament team and 2008-09 All-College Hockey News second team, Sharp helped lead the Bulldogs to the 2009 NCAA West Regional final against Miami University (Ohio). During the Bulldogs' 6-1 postseason run, he compiled 6-39 points in seven games, including a hat trick in UMD's 4-0, WCHA Final Five title victory over the University of Denver on Mar. 21. Sharp finished the season with Anaheim's AHL affiliate in Iowa, earning 1-12 points in six games.
A native of Red Deer, Alberta, Sharp missed only one of 158 games with UMD over four seasons. In 157 career games, Sharp scored 50-58108 points with 19 power play goals and 109 PIM, leading the Bulldogs in scoring in 2008-09 and 2007-08. Named to the WCHA All-Academic Team in 2006-07 and 2007-08, the 6-1, 186-pound center concluded his UMD career on an 11-game point streak (12-719), which included two hat tricks.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2010
- Texas Stars Come From Behind In 3-2 OT Win Over Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Vishnevskiy Leads Stars Past Aeros 3-2 In Overtime - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs Tame Wolves With 3-1 Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Legein Lifts Phantoms To 4-3 OT Win In Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins' Rally Falls Short In 3-2 Loss To San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Hit The Marc, Win 2-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Holds On To Early Lead For 3-2 Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Earn Come-From-Behind Overtime Win - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Lose Dogfight 3-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Lose Heartbreaker 3-2 - Connecticut Whale
- Devils Shock Wolf Pack 3-2 - Albany Devils
- Falcons Come Up Short In Manchester - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Hold on For 5-4 Victory Over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- A Letter From The President - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Schedule Change - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Return Home Thursday, Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Announce Schedule Change - Providence Bruins
- Ben Bishop Named WPC Player Of The Month - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Announce Details Of Taco Bell Night At The Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Knighthawks Announce Three-Year Marketing Partnership With Seneca Gaming Corporation - Rochester Americans
- Martinez Gets The Call From LA - Manchester Monarchs
- 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic To Be Televised To More Than 100 Million Households - AHL
- Griffins Alum Brian Lashoff Wins Gold With Team USA At World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Recall Forward Keegan Dansereau From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Sled Hockey Team To Host First Tournament This Weekend - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Recalls LW Robbie Earl - Houston Aeros
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Daniel Tkaczuk To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits -- 1/6/10 - AHL
- LaCouture Released By P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Sharp To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- River Rats Sign Albany Native Marc Cavosie To PTO - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Sign Two Players To Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Welcome Rampage For Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weiman's Strong Performance Not Enough In Shootout Loss - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.