AHL Quick Hits -- 1/6/10
January 6, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
In Tuesday's only AHL action, Dave Scatchard scored twice in regulation and Cal O'Reilly and Mark Santorelli registered shootout markers as Milwaukee got past Lake Erie, 3-2... Mark Dekanich stopped four of five tries as the Admirals won for the first time in six strips to the shootout this season.
No games scheduled
Milwaukee 3, LAKE ERIE 2 (SO)
Head coach Don Lever and assistant Ron Wilson return to Hamilton as their Chicago Wolves bring a three-game winning streak into Copps Coliseum on Wednesday... Lever and Wilson held the same posts with the Bulldogs from 2005-09, winning the 2007 Calder Cup championship... 2010 AHL All-Star Brett Sterling ranks second in the AHL with 18 goals (18-12-30) in 31 games for Chicago, and Tim Stapleton shows 16 tallies (16-9-25) in 35 outings... After that pair, no member of the Wolves has more than eight goals... Chicago forward Anthony Stewart is riding a six-game scoring streak (3-4-7)... Hamilton, which took a 5-4 win at Chicago on Oct. 17, is 1-1-0-0 thus far on an eight-game homestand... Greg Stewart, Ryan White and Ben Maxwell each scored twice in the Bulldogs' 6-3 win over Milwaukee on Sunday... Hamilton leading scorer Brock Trotter (11-19-30) shows a point in four of his last five contests (2-3-5).
Atlantic Division foes Hartford and Lowell lock horns tonight at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., home of the NHL's New Jersey Devils... The Wolf Pack bring a season-high five-game points streak (4-0-0-1) into the contest and have captured both previous meetings with the Devils this year... 2010 AHL All-Star Corey Locke continues to lead all AHL scorers with 45 points (15-30-45) for Hartford, and he shows a team-high four points (1-3-4) in two games against Lowell... Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau has racked up nine points (2-7-9) in seven games for the Wolf Pack since returning from an NHL stint with the N.Y. Rangers... Hartford's Bobby Sanguinetti, a New Jersey native, ranks among the league's defensemen scoring leaders with 24 points (6-18-24) in 32 contests... Patrick Davis has notched a goal in three straight games (4-1-5) for the Devils, who sit two points back of Hartford for third place in the tight Atlantic race... 2010 AHL All-Star defeneman Tyler Eckford has lit the lamp in two of his last three contests (2-1-3) on the heels of a 13-game drought... Lowell boasts the AHL's top-ranked power play (23.6 percent), but the Wolf Pack have scored a league-high 12 shorthanded goals this season.
San Antonio hits the road this week for games in Grand Rapids on Wednesday and Milwaukee on Thursday... The Rampage bring a five-game points streak (4-0-0-1) into the trip, their longest run since beginning the season 4-0-1-0... San Antonio shows a 9-6-1-1 mark since Ray Edwards took over as head coach on Nov. 23, and the Rampage have climbed back to the.500 mark overall at 15-15-3-2 (35 points)... Brett MacLean paces the Rampage with 16 goals and 26 points in 33 games, and is currently riding a seven-game scoring streak (5-4-9)... Justin Pogge is 4-2-1 (2.42,.926) in seven appearances since joining San Antonio on Nov. 25... The Rampage have outscored Grand Rapids 20-12 in taking three of four meetings this season... The Griffins are 1-6-0-0 in their last seven games overall and have surrendered at least five goals in all six losses during that span... Jan Mursak has notched a goal in three straight games (3-0-3) and five of his last seven (5-1-6) for Grand Rapids, and Cory Emmerton is currently on a four-game scoring streak (1-3-4)... San Antonio's fourth-ranked power play (20.0 percent) will battle Grand Rapids' 29th-ranked penalty kill (77.3 percent).
(all times Eastern)
Adirondack @ Albany, 7:00
San Antonio @ Grand Rapids, 7:00
Hartford vs. Lowell, 7:00*
Springfield @ Manchester, 7:00
Norfolk @ W-B/Scranton, 7:05
Chicago @ Hamilton, 7:30
Toronto @ Rockford, 8:05
Houston @ Texas, 8:30
San Antonio @ Milwaukee, 8:00
*at Newark, N.J.
Hershey Bears defenseman and 2010 AHL All-Star John Carlson scored the overtime winner as the United States took the gold medal at the World Junior Championships with a 6-5 win over Canada on Tuesday night... Two of the last three Calder Cup Playoffs MVP's squared off in net on Tuesday, and Michael Neuvirth (2009) made 24 saves to help the Washington Capitals double up Carey Price (2007) and the Montreal Canadiens, 4-2... Recalled earlier in the day, Luca Caputi notched a goal to help Pittsburgh past Atlanta, 5-2.
BY THE NUMBERS:
3 -- Meetings in eight days between Northway rivals Albany and Adirondack, concluding with tonight's clash at the Times Union Center in Albany... The teams split a home-and-home set last week, each side winning on the road.
Watch live games, highlights and features, get video on demand and more all season long with AHL Live. Visit ahllive.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2010
- Texas Stars Come From Behind In 3-2 OT Win Over Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Vishnevskiy Leads Stars Past Aeros 3-2 In Overtime - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs Tame Wolves With 3-1 Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Legein Lifts Phantoms To 4-3 OT Win In Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins' Rally Falls Short In 3-2 Loss To San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Hit The Marc, Win 2-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Holds On To Early Lead For 3-2 Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Earn Come-From-Behind Overtime Win - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Lose Dogfight 3-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Lose Heartbreaker 3-2 - Connecticut Whale
- Devils Shock Wolf Pack 3-2 - Albany Devils
- Falcons Come Up Short In Manchester - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Hold on For 5-4 Victory Over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- A Letter From The President - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Schedule Change - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Return Home Thursday, Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Announce Schedule Change - Providence Bruins
- Ben Bishop Named WPC Player Of The Month - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Announce Details Of Taco Bell Night At The Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Knighthawks Announce Three-Year Marketing Partnership With Seneca Gaming Corporation - Rochester Americans
- Martinez Gets The Call From LA - Manchester Monarchs
- 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic To Be Televised To More Than 100 Million Households - AHL
- Griffins Alum Brian Lashoff Wins Gold With Team USA At World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Recall Forward Keegan Dansereau From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Sled Hockey Team To Host First Tournament This Weekend - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Recalls LW Robbie Earl - Houston Aeros
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Daniel Tkaczuk To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits -- 1/6/10 - AHL
- LaCouture Released By P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Sharp To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- River Rats Sign Albany Native Marc Cavosie To PTO - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Sign Two Players To Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Welcome Rampage For Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weiman's Strong Performance Not Enough In Shootout Loss - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.