Bulldogs Tame Wolves With 3-1 Victory
Hamilton, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs defeated the Chicago Wolves 3-1 in front of 1,952 fans at Copps Coliseum on Wednesday. David Desharnais scored the game-winning goal and added an assist to lead the 'Dogs to victory.
Following a scoreless first period, the Wolves opened the game's scoring at 1:54 of the second stanza. While on a power play, Jason Krog blasted a shot on net that was stopped by Hamilton starting goaltender Cedrick Desjardins. The goaltender could not contain the rebound, which Johnny Pohl whacked past a sprawled Desjardins.
The 'Dogs tied the game 1-1 at 18:07 of the middle frame while on the power play. While stationed at the right side of the net, Desharnais fed a backhand pass to Subban who was positioned at the right hash mark. Subban snapped a shot that beat Chicago starting goaltender Peter Mannino through the legs.
The Bulldogs took the lead at 5:28 of the final frame. Desharnais stripped the puck from a Chicago defender before whacking at the puck with a backhand shot. Mannino went for a pokecheck but missed the puck, allowing it to trickle through his pads and across the goal line.
Ryan White sealed the game for the Bulldogs by scoring into an empty net at 19:56. J.T. Wyman threw the puck into the slot to White who flicked the puck into the open cage to make it a 3-1 Bulldogs final.
The Bulldogs will host the Lake Erie Monsters on Friday, January 8th at Copps Coliseum at 7:30 p.m. Fans can listen to every 'Dogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, TALK 820. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'AHL Live' or 'TALK 820' icons on the Bulldogs website.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games (with the exception of the February 21st game at Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2010
- Texas Stars Come From Behind In 3-2 OT Win Over Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Vishnevskiy Leads Stars Past Aeros 3-2 In Overtime - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs Tame Wolves With 3-1 Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Legein Lifts Phantoms To 4-3 OT Win In Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins' Rally Falls Short In 3-2 Loss To San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Hit The Marc, Win 2-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Holds On To Early Lead For 3-2 Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Earn Come-From-Behind Overtime Win - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Lose Dogfight 3-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Lose Heartbreaker 3-2 - Connecticut Whale
- Devils Shock Wolf Pack 3-2 - Albany Devils
- Falcons Come Up Short In Manchester - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Hold on For 5-4 Victory Over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- A Letter From The President - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Schedule Change - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Return Home Thursday, Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Announce Schedule Change - Providence Bruins
- Ben Bishop Named WPC Player Of The Month - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Announce Details Of Taco Bell Night At The Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Knighthawks Announce Three-Year Marketing Partnership With Seneca Gaming Corporation - Rochester Americans
- Martinez Gets The Call From LA - Manchester Monarchs
- 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic To Be Televised To More Than 100 Million Households - AHL
- Griffins Alum Brian Lashoff Wins Gold With Team USA At World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Recall Forward Keegan Dansereau From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Sled Hockey Team To Host First Tournament This Weekend - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Recalls LW Robbie Earl - Houston Aeros
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Daniel Tkaczuk To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits -- 1/6/10 - AHL
- LaCouture Released By P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Sharp To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- River Rats Sign Albany Native Marc Cavosie To PTO - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Sign Two Players To Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Welcome Rampage For Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weiman's Strong Performance Not Enough In Shootout Loss - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.