Americans Winning Streak Ends at Five
Tulsa, Oklahoma - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Seattle Kraken (NHL), dropped a 4-2 decision to the Tulsa Oilers on Saturday night in Oklahoma ending their five-game winning streak.
The Americans scored 24-seconds into the opening period when DJ Jerome found the back of the net but that was the only lead they would enjoy. The Oilers scored four of the next five goals in their two-goal win.
"We couldn't get anything going offensively," said Americans forward Chad Costello. We had some chances in the third period but couldn't get the tying goal."
The Oilers added an empty-net goal late in the third period to seal the Americans fate. The loss was the first of the season for goalie Antoine Bibeau (6-1).
The Americans went 0-for-2 on the power play, while the Oilers were without a power play in the game.
The Americans return to action on Wednesday night at home against Tulsa. Get your seats online NOW on www.allenamericans.com.
Images from this story
Allen Americans battle the Tulsa Oilers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2022
- Heartlanders Rout Rapid City, 9-1 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Rush Fall to Heartlanders, 9-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Gazzola's Overtime Goal Seals 3-2 Walleye Comeback Victory over Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Kemp Dazzles with Opening Goal, Swamp Rabbits Fall to Gladiators 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Laberge Burns Thunder Again in Mariners Sunday Win - Maine Mariners
- Kielly Nets Game-Winner in Fourth Straight Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Notes: vs Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Glads Look for Fourth Straight Win on Road - Atlanta Gladiators
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits vs Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati's Strong Second Period Leads to 5-4 Defeat - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oilers Amaze 8,438 Fans against Allen Americans on Autism Awareness Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Snag Extra Point in 4-3 Shootout Win in Another Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Get Standings Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Rapid City Edged by Iowa in OT, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Heartlanders Win First Overtime Game in Team History, 4-3 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Americans Winning Streak Ends at Five - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.