ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions
January 9, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
SHREWSBURY, N.J. - The ECHL on Sunday announced the following fines and suspensions resulting from ECHL Game #405, Worcester at Reading, on Jan. 9.
Reading's Brayden Low has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount under Rule #28 - Supplementary Discipline as a result of his major penalty and game misconduct for spearing at 12:14 of the second period.
Low will miss Reading's game vs. Adirondack on Jan. 12.
Worcester's Ross Olsson has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount under Rule #28 - Supplementary Discipline as the result of his actions at 18:58 of the third period.
Olsson will miss Worcester's game vs. Maine on Jan. 12
Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player's Hardship Fund.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2022
- Heartlanders Rout Rapid City, 9-1 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Rush Fall to Heartlanders, 9-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Gazzola's Overtime Goal Seals 3-2 Walleye Comeback Victory over Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Kemp Dazzles with Opening Goal, Swamp Rabbits Fall to Gladiators 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Laberge Burns Thunder Again in Mariners Sunday Win - Maine Mariners
- Kielly Nets Game-Winner in Fourth Straight Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Notes: vs Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Glads Look for Fourth Straight Win on Road - Atlanta Gladiators
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits vs Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati's Strong Second Period Leads to 5-4 Defeat - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oilers Amaze 8,438 Fans against Allen Americans on Autism Awareness Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Snag Extra Point in 4-3 Shootout Win in Another Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Get Standings Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Rapid City Edged by Iowa in OT, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Heartlanders Win First Overtime Game in Team History, 4-3 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Americans Winning Streak Ends at Five - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.