Americans announce playoff dates, unveil playoff slogan
ALLEN, Texas - After becoming the second team in the Central Hockey League to clinch a playoff berth this year, the Allen Americans are excited to announce the dates for their first series of the 2010 Ray Miron's President's Cup Playoffs. Allen will face off against the Laredo Bucks in the Conference Semi-Finals with home-ice advantage.
The first two games will take place Friday, March 26, and Saturday, March 27, at the Allen Event Center. Both games will begin at 7:30 p.m. Friday's contest will be the first playoff game in franchise history.
The club will rally behind the slogan "Dread the Red" for its first post-season. The theme echoes the team's goal song "Don't Stop Livin' in the Red" that fills the Allen Event Center every time the Americans light the lamp.
Fans are encouraged to wear red to all home games in an effort to "red out" the stadium. The first 1,500 fans at the first two playoff games will receive a free red foam finger courtesy of Courtyard Marriott.
The Americans will finish second place in the Southern Conference, which is extraordinary for an expansion team in its inaugural season.
The series schedule is below:
Allen Americans vs. Laredo Bucks (Best-of-Seven Series) Game 1: Friday, Mar. 26 - Allen vs. Laredo, 7:30 p.m. Game 2: Saturday, Mar. 27 - Allen vs. Laredo, 7:30 p.m. Game 3: Tuesday, Mar. 30 - Allen @ Laredo, 7:00 p.m. Game 4: Thursday, Apr. 1 - Allen @ Laredo, 7:00 p.m. *Game 5: Saturday, Apr. 3 - Allen @ Laredo, 7:30 p.m. *Game 6: Tuesday, Apr. 6 - Allen vs. Laredo, 7:30 p.m. *Game 7: Wednesday, Apr. 7 - Allen vs. Laredo, 7:30 p.m. *If necessary
In the Central Hockey League, the top five teams in each conference qualify for the post-season based on the total number of points. The playoffs consist of four rounds: the Opening Round, Conference Semi-Finals, Conference Finals and Ray Miron President's Cup Finals. The Opening Round is a best-of-three series, while the remaining three rounds are best-of-seven series.
The Opening Round consists of the fourth and fifth seeds. The winners of the best-of-three series in each conference play the respective first seeds in the Conference Semi-Finals, while the second and third seeds face off. Then, the two winners of the Conference Semi-Finals in each conference will face off in the Conference Finals. Conference Semi-Final seeding remains in effect to determine home-ice advantage in the Conference Finals. The two teams that win the Conference Finals will meet in the Ray Miron's President's Cup Finals. Home-ice advantage in the final round will be awarded to the club with the higher regular season point total, regardless of any earlier playoff seeding.
Should two or more teams be tied in points for any seeding issue throughout the playoffs, the following tiebreakers will be used: most wins, head-to-head record and goals for and against differential.
Tickets are available by calling 972-912-1000 or 1-866-4-GET-TIX (1-866-443-8849), going to gettix.net or stopping by the Allen Event Center Box Office. The Box Office is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Fans interested in tickets to multiple playoff games are encouraged to speak with an Allen Americans representative regarding savings off walk-up prices at 972-912-1000.
Tickets for Two Remaining Regular Season Games & Playoff Tickets On Sale Now Fans can purchase tickets for the remaining two regular season games March 19 and 20. Playoff tickets are on sale as well. Tickets start as low as $7. To order, call 972-912-1000 or 1-866-4-GET-TIX (1-866-443-8849), go to gettix.net or stop by the Allen Event Center Box Office. The Box Office is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Fans interested in 10 tickets or more to any one game or tickets to multiple games are encouraged to speak with an Allen Americans representative regarding group discounts and savings off walk-up prices at 972.912.1000.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2010
- Americans drop 5-2 contest to Corpus Christi - Allen Americans
- CHL Playoffs to Begin on Monday - CHL
- IceRays Playoff Tickets On Sale Now, Home Game Monday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mavericks Host RiverKings Monday, March 22 in Opening Round - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks End Regular Season in 5-0 Loss to Mudbugs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gorillas Send Amarillo Fans Home Proud - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles, Mudbugs Set to Start Playoffs Friday - Colorado Eagles
- IceRays Beat Americans 5-2 To Clinch Playoff Berth - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Campbell's Effort Wasted Against Bees - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Secure Home Ice For Playoffs First Round - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Top Laredo in Overtime, 4-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Surge fall to Ice Flyers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Comeback in Third, Lose in Overtime - Laredo Bucks
- Americans announce playoff dates, unveil playoff slogan - Allen Americans
- Bucks, Americans Playoff Schedule Set - Laredo Bucks
- Odessa's Joel Martin Named Most Outstanding Goaltender - CHL
- 2010 Round One Playoff Dates Set; Tickets On Sale - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Meet Tulsa Tonight To Start Weekend Play - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado's Aaron Schneekloth Named CHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman - CHL
- Oilers Conclude The Season With Two Road Games - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks In Odessa Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- 'Bugs Complete Season Sweep Of Oilers With 2-1 Win - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Team-Record Seven Americans Players Headed to Minnesota Wild Training Camp
- Americans Add Former Stars Draft Pick, and University of Denver Defenseman to the Mix
- Americans Announce Signing of Defenseman Kayle Doetzel
- Americans Add Offensive Punch on the Blue-Line with Addition of Turner Ottenbreit
- Americans Add Experience up Front with Addition of Shawn O'Donnell