CHL Playoffs to Begin on Monday
March 19, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
(Tempe, AZ) - The Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today the 10 teams that will participate in the 2010 Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoffs. The post-season begins on Monday, March 22 with two Opening Round best-of-three series' getting underway.
The top seeds in each conference are the Odessa Jackalopes (the #1 seed in the entire playoffs and Governors' Cup Champions) in the South and the Rapid City Rush in the North.
The final playoff spot was secured Friday night with the Corpus Christi IceRays beating the Allen Americans and subsequently claiming the fifth seed in the South setting up an Opening Round series with the defending CHL Champion Texas Brahmas that will begin on Monday, March 22 at the American Bank Center. The Jackalopes will await the winner of the Opening Round series.
The other South series that has been finalized is the number two seed Allen Americans taking on the number three seed Laredo Bucks in a best-of-seven conference semifinals series. That series will get underway on Friday, March 26 at the Allen Event Center.
In the North, the Mississippi RiverKings have earned the number four seed and will take on the number five seed Missouri Mavericks in an Opening Round best-of-three series that begins at the Independence Events Center on Monday, March 22. The winner of that series will meet the Rapid City Rush in the conference semifinals.
The other series in the North will feature the number two seed Colorado Eagles and the number three seed Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs. They will get things started in their best-of-seven conference semifinals series on Friday, March 26 at the Budweiser Events Center.
Be sure to follow www.centralhockeyleague.com and Playoff H Q' which will cover every game and every series in depth.
The finalized series schedules are as follows (Odessa and Rapid City will await Opening Round winners):
Northern Conference Opening Round - Series "A" (best-of-3) Missouri Mavericks vs. Mississippi RiverKings Game 1 - Mon., Mar. 22 - Mississippi at Missouri, 7:05 Game 2 - Wed., Mar. 24 - Missouri at Mississippi, 7:05 *Game 3 - Thu., Mar. 25 - Missouri at Mississippi, 7:05
Southern Conference Opening Round - Series "B" (best-of-3) Corpus Christi IceRays vs. Texas Brahmas Game 1 - Mon., Mar. 22 - Texas at Corpus Christi, 7:05 Game 2 - Wed., Mar. 24 - Corpus Christi at Texas, 7:05 *Game 3 - Thu., Mar. 25 - Corpus Christi at Texas, 7:05
Northern Conference Semifinal - Series "C" (best-of-7) Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs vs. Colorado Eagles Game 1 - Fri., Mar. 26 - Bossier-Shreveport at Colorado, 7:05 Game 2 - Sat., Mar. 27 - Bossier-Shreveport at Colorado, 7:05 Game 3 - Tue., Mar. 30 - Colorado at Bossier-Shreveport, 7:05 Game 4 - Thu., Apr. 1 - Colorado at Bossier-Shreveport, 7:05 *Game 5 - Fri., Apr. 2 - Colorado at Bossier-Shreveport, 7:05 *Game 6 - Tue., Apr. 6 - Bossier-Shreveport at Colorado, 7:05 *Game 7 - Wed., Apr. 7 - Bossier-Shreveport at Colorado, 7:05
Southern Conference Semifinal - Series "D" (best-of-7) Laredo Bucks vs. Allen Americans Game 1 - Fri., Mar. 26 - Laredo at Allen, 7:30 Game 2 - Sat., Mar. 27 - Laredo at Allen, 7:30 Game 3 - Tue., Mar. 30 - Allen at Laredo, 7:00 Game 4 - Thu., Apr. 1 - Allen at Laredo, 7:00 *Game 5 - Sat., Apr. 3 - Allen at Laredo, 7:30 *Game 6 - Tue., Apr. 6 - Laredo at Allen, 7:30 *Game 7 - Wed., Apr. 7 - Laredo at Allen, 7:30
*if necessary **all times local**
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2010
- Americans drop 5-2 contest to Corpus Christi - Allen Americans
- CHL Playoffs to Begin on Monday - CHL
- IceRays Playoff Tickets On Sale Now, Home Game Monday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mavericks Host RiverKings Monday, March 22 in Opening Round - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks End Regular Season in 5-0 Loss to Mudbugs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gorillas Send Amarillo Fans Home Proud - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles, Mudbugs Set to Start Playoffs Friday - Colorado Eagles
- IceRays Beat Americans 5-2 To Clinch Playoff Berth - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Campbell's Effort Wasted Against Bees - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Secure Home Ice For Playoffs First Round - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Top Laredo in Overtime, 4-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Surge fall to Ice Flyers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Comeback in Third, Lose in Overtime - Laredo Bucks
- Americans announce playoff dates, unveil playoff slogan - Allen Americans
- Bucks, Americans Playoff Schedule Set - Laredo Bucks
- Odessa's Joel Martin Named Most Outstanding Goaltender - CHL
- 2010 Round One Playoff Dates Set; Tickets On Sale - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Meet Tulsa Tonight To Start Weekend Play - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado's Aaron Schneekloth Named CHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman - CHL
- Oilers Conclude The Season With Two Road Games - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks In Odessa Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- 'Bugs Complete Season Sweep Of Oilers With 2-1 Win - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.