Campbell's Effort Wasted Against Bees
HIDALGO, TX- The Wichita Thunder lost 3-0 to the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees at the State Farm Arena on Friday night. Rio took a 1-0 lead on a penalty shot goal from Shaun Landolt at 8:41 in the first. Landolt scored over the left shoulder of Scott Campbell through the middle of the slot. Former Thunder defenseman Andrew Davis made it 2-0 at the 13:41 marker with a wrist shot from the left has mark in the same area. Davis was fed by Zak McClellan from behind the net. The Bees outshot the Thunder 23 to 6 in the first.
Rio pounded out 21 more shots in the second and took a 3-0 lead at 18:22 in the frame. Joel Irving jammed in a rebound to the right of Campbell after a shot from the slot by Grant Goeckner-Zoeller. Franck stopped 27 shots to earn the shutout win.
Scott Campbell saved a career-high 51 shots on 54 attempts in the loss. The 54 shots allowed were a new season high for the Thunder. Wichita did not have any power play opportunities in the game while Rio Grande Valley went 0 for 2. It marked the seventh time this season Wichita has been shutout.
The Thunder ends the season on Saturday night at Laredo at 7:30 p.m. All the action can be heard live worldwide at www.wichitathunder.com and www.allinbroadcasting.com Season ticket deposits for the 2010-11 season are now being accepted. For more information, call the Thunder office at (316) 264-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2010
- Americans drop 5-2 contest to Corpus Christi - Allen Americans
- CHL Playoffs to Begin on Monday - CHL
- IceRays Playoff Tickets On Sale Now, Home Game Monday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mavericks Host RiverKings Monday, March 22 in Opening Round - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks End Regular Season in 5-0 Loss to Mudbugs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gorillas Send Amarillo Fans Home Proud - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles, Mudbugs Set to Start Playoffs Friday - Colorado Eagles
- IceRays Beat Americans 5-2 To Clinch Playoff Berth - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Campbell's Effort Wasted Against Bees - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Secure Home Ice For Playoffs First Round - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Top Laredo in Overtime, 4-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Surge fall to Ice Flyers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Comeback in Third, Lose in Overtime - Laredo Bucks
- Americans announce playoff dates, unveil playoff slogan - Allen Americans
- Bucks, Americans Playoff Schedule Set - Laredo Bucks
- Odessa's Joel Martin Named Most Outstanding Goaltender - CHL
- 2010 Round One Playoff Dates Set; Tickets On Sale - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Meet Tulsa Tonight To Start Weekend Play - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado's Aaron Schneekloth Named CHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman - CHL
- Oilers Conclude The Season With Two Road Games - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks In Odessa Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- 'Bugs Complete Season Sweep Of Oilers With 2-1 Win - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.