RiverKings Meet Tulsa Tonight To Start Weekend Play
SOUTHAVEN, MS --- Everything for next week's playoff schedule has been determined, except for the location. This weekend's results will decide that important bit of information, as the Mississippi RiverKings start the final weekend of the 2009-2010 Central Hockey League regular season against the Tulsa Oilers tonight at the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven.
Depending on the results of tonight's game and possibly tomorrow night's action against the Tulsa Oilers, the RiverKings will either finish fourth or fifth in the Northern Conference standings and play Missouri in the first round on Monday night.
Game one will be in Missouri, if the RiverKings are the fourth seed, or back here at the DeSoto Civic Center Monday evening if Mississippi finishes in fifth place.
Pre-game rosters and statistics can be found on Pointstreak.com at http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/pregamenotes.html?gameid=1067890.
Pre-game notes from Media Coordinator Bob Bakken are available on his blog, www.riverkingshockey.blogspot.com.
Bob will have the call of tonight's contest live on WIVG-FM 96.1 "The Pig," and CHL-TV at 6:50 PM. You can listen live at www.radiopig.com. Watch the game live by going to the RiverKings' web site, www.riverkings.com and clicking the "Watch Live" on the home page, then follow the prompts to access the broadcast on your computer.
After the game, come join the RiverKings at TGI Friday's in Southaven on Goodman Road, the Official Post Game Party Headquarters for your home town pro hockey team.
Season tickets for next year's excitement of RiverKings' hockey are already on sale. Find out more by calling the team offices at 662-342-1755 today!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2010
- Americans drop 5-2 contest to Corpus Christi - Allen Americans
- CHL Playoffs to Begin on Monday - CHL
- IceRays Playoff Tickets On Sale Now, Home Game Monday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mavericks Host RiverKings Monday, March 22 in Opening Round - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks End Regular Season in 5-0 Loss to Mudbugs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gorillas Send Amarillo Fans Home Proud - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles, Mudbugs Set to Start Playoffs Friday - Colorado Eagles
- IceRays Beat Americans 5-2 To Clinch Playoff Berth - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Campbell's Effort Wasted Against Bees - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Secure Home Ice For Playoffs First Round - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Top Laredo in Overtime, 4-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Surge fall to Ice Flyers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Comeback in Third, Lose in Overtime - Laredo Bucks
- Americans announce playoff dates, unveil playoff slogan - Allen Americans
- Bucks, Americans Playoff Schedule Set - Laredo Bucks
- Odessa's Joel Martin Named Most Outstanding Goaltender - CHL
- 2010 Round One Playoff Dates Set; Tickets On Sale - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Meet Tulsa Tonight To Start Weekend Play - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado's Aaron Schneekloth Named CHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman - CHL
- Oilers Conclude The Season With Two Road Games - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks In Odessa Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- 'Bugs Complete Season Sweep Of Oilers With 2-1 Win - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.