Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Beech, Shepard
The Agua Caliente Clippers today announced that the team has acquired the returning rights to forward Beau Beech and forward Winston Shepard from the Santa Cruz Warriors in exchange for the returning rights to guard Andre Dawkins and Agua Caliente's second round pick in the 2019 G League draft.
Beech, 24, has appeared in 23 games (19 starts) for the Hamburg Towers of the German Pro A league this season, averaging 13.0 points and 6.8 rebounds, while shooting 36.9 percent from three-point range and 84.7 percent from the free-throw line in 27.8 minutes. He has appeared in 56 combined G League games across two seasons with Long Island and Erie, averaging 6.8 points and 3.0 rebounds in 18.4 minutes. A native of Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, he played four collegiate seasons at the University of North Florida.
Shepard, 25, has appeared in six games this season for Maccabi Ashdod of the Israeli BSL, averaging 12.0 points and 5.0 rebounds in 21.3 minutes. He appeared in 19 games for Santa Cruz last season, averaging 9.5 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 23.6 minutes. A native of Houston, Texas, Shepard also spent time playing professionally in Hungary and New Zealand following a four-year collegiate career at San Diego State University.
Dawkins, 27, appeared in 25 games for Agua Caliente during their inaugural 2017-18 season, averaging 10.1 points and 1.8 rebounds, while shooting 37.1 percent from three-point range and 81.8 percent from the free-throw line in 22.7 minutes. He holds career averages of 14.0 points and 2.3 rebounds, while shooting 41.1 percent from three-point range in 27.2 minutes across four G League seasons with Sioux Falls, Maine, Texas, Windy City and Agua Caliente. He appeared in four games for the Miami Heat in 2014-15 totaling three points, two rebounds and one assist in 21.7 minutes. A native of Chesapeake, Virginia, Dawkins spent one season playing in Italy following his graduation from Duke University in 2014.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Blue Coats Acquire 2019 Fourth-Round Draft Pick from Greensboro Swarm - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades - Greensboro Swarm
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Greensboro Swarm - Erie BayHawks
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Tiwian Kendley and 2019 Fourth-Round Pick in Trade with Capital City - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Acquires Dikembe Dixson and 2019 Third-Round Pick in Trade with Windy City - Capital City Go-Go
- Go-Go to Host Education Day - Capital City Go-Go
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Beech, Shepard - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Trade for Returning Rights to Guard Andre Dawkins, 2019 Draft Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars to Host "Utah Jazz Night" on March 1 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Recall Melton from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- New York Knicks Sign John Jenkins - Westchester Knicks
- Stockton Kings Defeat Santa Cruz Warriors, 117-112 - Stockton Kings
- Rested Clips Defeat Bulls - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 117-112 to Stockton Kings, Split Season Series 2-2 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Fall to Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Trio of Phoenix Suns Leads NAZ Suns to Victory over Lakers - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends
- Clippers Close in on Final Playoff Spot with Win over Lakers
- Clippers Streak Ends, Drop Crucial Game to Memphis
- Clippers Inch Closer to Playoffs, Take Down Legends
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin