Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League Affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, today announced that the team completed two trades. The Swarm acquired guard John Gillon from the Erie BayHawks in exchange for guard Cat Barber - subject to both players passing a physical. Greensboro also acquired the returning rights to guard Corey Hawkins from the Delaware Blue Coats in exchange for the Swarm's fourth-round pick in the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
Gillon, 24, has appeared in 35 games with Erie this season, averaging 14.1 points, 6.0 assists, 2.9 rebounds, and 1.0 steals in 30.7 minutes. In 2017-18, the Houston native played in 33 games and averaged 9.0 points, 3.2 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 17.7 minutes with Erie and the Texas Legends. Undrafted out of Syracuse University, Gillion averaged 10.5 points, 5.4 assists and 1.8 rebounds in 34 games in his senior (2016-17), and only season, with the Orange. Gillon also played collegiately with Colorado State University (2014-16) and University of Arkansas at Little Rock (2012-13).
Hawkins, 27, spent the 2017-18 season with VEF Riga in Latvia. In 2016-17 he had stints with Antwerp Giants (Belgium) and Pistoia Basket (Italy). Hawkins spent the 2015-16 season in the G League with the Idaho Stampede and Sioux Falls SkyForce. The Goodyear, Arizona, native averaged 20.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.4 steals in 33.4 minutes over 28 games during his senior season (2014-15) at UC Davis. A three-year starter for the Aggies, he earned 2015 Big West Player of the Year honors and was named the 2015 Reese's College All-Star Game MVP.
Barber, 24, has appeared in 75 career games with the Swarm. In 27 games this season the NC State product averaged 10.6 points, 3.1 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 20.7 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Blue Coats Acquire 2019 Fourth-Round Draft Pick from Greensboro Swarm - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades - Greensboro Swarm
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Greensboro Swarm - Erie BayHawks
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Tiwian Kendley and 2019 Fourth-Round Pick in Trade with Capital City - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Acquires Dikembe Dixson and 2019 Third-Round Pick in Trade with Windy City - Capital City Go-Go
- Go-Go to Host Education Day - Capital City Go-Go
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Beech, Shepard - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Trade for Returning Rights to Guard Andre Dawkins, 2019 Draft Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars to Host "Utah Jazz Night" on March 1 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Recall Melton from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- New York Knicks Sign John Jenkins - Westchester Knicks
- Stockton Kings Defeat Santa Cruz Warriors, 117-112 - Stockton Kings
- Rested Clips Defeat Bulls - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 117-112 to Stockton Kings, Split Season Series 2-2 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Fall to Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Trio of Phoenix Suns Leads NAZ Suns to Victory over Lakers - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.