Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Greensboro Swarm
ERIE, PA - The Erie BayHawks, NBA G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, have completed a trade with the Greensboro Swarm, the team announced today. Erie has traded guard John Gillon, in exchange for guard Anthony "Cat" Barber. This trade is pending the successful completion of physicals.
Barber (6-1, 173) has appeared in 27 games (two starts) with the Swarm this season, averaging 10.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 20.7 minutes. The Hampton, Virginia, native has appeared in 96 NBA G League games (55 starts) over his three-year career, suiting up for the Swarm and Delaware Blue Coats. Barber owns NBA G League career averages of 14.9 points, 3.2 rebounds and 4.2 assists in 28.9 minutes (.427 FG%, .305 3FG%, .695 FT%).
The 6-1 guard spent part of the 2017-18 season overseas, appearing in 11 games (six starts) with Ironi Nahariya (Israel) and seven games (six starts) with Enel Brindisi (Italy).
After going undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft, Barber signed a contract with the Philadelphia 76ers on Aug. 31, 2016. He saw action in two preseason contests with the Sixers, before being waived on Oct. 24, 2016. Barber brings NBA Summer League experience to Erie, playing for the New Orleans Pelicans (2016) and Dallas Mavericks (2017).
A product of North Carolina State, Barber appeared in 104 games (84 starts) with the Wolfpack over his three-year collegiate career, notching 14.5 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.9 assists in 31.3 minutes (.428 FG%, .347 3FG%, .793 FT%). He left NC State ranked eighth in school history in assists (403) and 17th in points (1,507). Barber was named to the 2016 All-ACC First Team.
Gillon appeared in 35 games (25 starts) with the BayHawks this season, averaging 14.1 points, 6.2 assists and 3.0 rebounds in 30.7 minutes (.424 FG%, .357 3FG%, .887 FT%). He was acquired on Dec. 3, 2017 from the available player pool.
Erie will host back-to-back contests this weekend, beginning on Friday, Feb. 22. The BayHawks will change their name to the Erie Wave on Friday, as part of Erie's Hardwood Classic Night. On Saturday, Feb. 23, the newest member of the NBA G League, the Capital City Go-Go, will make their first trip to Erie Insurance Arena. Tipoff for both games are set for 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online at eriebayhawks.com or at the Erie Insurance Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Blue Coats Acquire 2019 Fourth-Round Draft Pick from Greensboro Swarm - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades - Greensboro Swarm
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Greensboro Swarm - Erie BayHawks
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Tiwian Kendley and 2019 Fourth-Round Pick in Trade with Capital City - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Acquires Dikembe Dixson and 2019 Third-Round Pick in Trade with Windy City - Capital City Go-Go
- Go-Go to Host Education Day - Capital City Go-Go
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Beech, Shepard - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Trade for Returning Rights to Guard Andre Dawkins, 2019 Draft Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars to Host "Utah Jazz Night" on March 1 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Recall Melton from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- New York Knicks Sign John Jenkins - Westchester Knicks
- Stockton Kings Defeat Santa Cruz Warriors, 117-112 - Stockton Kings
- Rested Clips Defeat Bulls - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 117-112 to Stockton Kings, Split Season Series 2-2 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Fall to Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Trio of Phoenix Suns Leads NAZ Suns to Victory over Lakers - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.