New York Knicks Sign John Jenkins
NEW YORK, NY - February 21, 2019 - The New York Knicks announced today that the team has signed John Jenkins of the Westchester Knicks (23-17), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Jenkins, 6-4, 215, originally signed a 10-day contract with New York on February 11 and has appeared in two games, averaging 10.5 points on 50-percent shooting, 2.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists over 17.5 minutes. In the team's win at Atlanta on February 14, Jenkins recorded 14 points, five rebounds and two assists over 26 minutes. Jenkins is the seventh Westchester Knicks player to earn a call-up and sign with New York.
With Westchester this season, Jenkins started each of the 19 games he appeared in averaging a team-high 24.8 points per game on 47-percent shooting. The guard also drained 62 triples this season on 42.5-percent and was a 92.8-percent free-throw shooter. His line also included averages of 3.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 1.1 steals and a pair of 40-point performances.
Upon receiving a 10-Day contract with the Washington Wizards, Jenkins split time between the Wizards and its NBA G League affiliate, Capital City Go-Go. With Washington, Jenkins appeared in four games averaging 1.5 points, 0.3 rebounds and 0.3 assists. With the Go-Go, Jenkins averaged 24.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 0.7 assists in two games played.
In the NBA, Jenkins has averaged 5.1 points and 1.5 rebounds per game in 145 career games (eight starts) with Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix. He was originally selected with the 23rd overall pick by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2012 NBA Draft.
The Hendersonville, TN, native played three years at Vanderbilt, where he averaged 16.9 points per game. Jenkins led the SEC in scoring during his sophomore (19.5 ppg) and junior (19.9 ppg) seasons. He was named a third-team All-American by the Associated Press following his junior year.
The Knicks host Grand Rapids Friday, February 22 at 7:00 PM.
Watch John Jenkins' highlights - https://youtu.be/sG0YYuvqi48
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Blue Coats Acquire 2019 Fourth-Round Draft Pick from Greensboro Swarm - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades - Greensboro Swarm
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Greensboro Swarm - Erie BayHawks
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Tiwian Kendley and 2019 Fourth-Round Pick in Trade with Capital City - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Acquires Dikembe Dixson and 2019 Third-Round Pick in Trade with Windy City - Capital City Go-Go
- Go-Go to Host Education Day - Capital City Go-Go
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Beech, Shepard - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Complete Trade for Returning Rights to Guard Andre Dawkins, 2019 Draft Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars to Host "Utah Jazz Night" on March 1 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Recall Melton from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- New York Knicks Sign John Jenkins - Westchester Knicks
- Stockton Kings Defeat Santa Cruz Warriors, 117-112 - Stockton Kings
- Rested Clips Defeat Bulls - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 117-112 to Stockton Kings, Split Season Series 2-2 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Fall to Hustle in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Trio of Phoenix Suns Leads NAZ Suns to Victory over Lakers - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.