RedHawks Fall to Laredo 8-2 in Home FinaleAugust 31, 2012 - American Association (AA) Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The 5,438 spectators is the fourth-largest crowd ever to attend a RedHawks game and the season total of 187,438 is the second-highest combined attendance mark in franchise history.
The RedHawks held a 1-0 lead through five innings before the Laredo lineup put a combined six runs up in the sixth and seventh innings.
Brian Peterson hit an RBI single that scored John Allen to tie the game in the sixth, and the Lemurs scored five runs in the seventh capitalizing off four hits to take a 6-1 lead.
Laredo starter Osvaldo Rodriguez (4-5) scattered five hits in six innings while allowing only one earned run in the victory. Chaz Roe pitched a scoreless seventh and eighth and Mike Benacka gave up one run in the ninth.
RedHawks starter Paul Burnside pitched six innings giving up one earned run on eight hits with eight strikeouts and only one walk in a no-decision. Joe Harris dropped to 1-3 after allowing a run on 1/3 inning pitched in the seventh. Kevin Fuqua pitched 2/3 innings giving up four runs (one earned) on four hits and two walks in the seventh.
Peterson led Laredo (52-45) at the plate hitting 3-for-4 with 3 RBIs. Javier Brito went 3-for-4 with two runs while Stephen Douglas and Jimmy Mojica had two hits apiece.
Eric Campbell went 2-for-3 with an RBI sacrifice fly and Ryan Stovall hit an RBI single in the ninth for Fargo-Moorhead (63-34).
The RedHawks complete the four-game homestand against the Laredo Lemurs with a split. Fargo-Moorhead finishes their regular season home schedule with a 32-18 record at Newman Outdoor Field this season and play their final three games in Winnipeg beginning Saturday. The RedHawks will host Games one and two of the American Association playoffs on Wednesday, Sep. 5 and Thursday, Sep. 6 at Newman Outdoor Field. Playoff tickets are available at fmredhawks.com or by calling (701) 235-6161.
American Association Stories from August 31, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Pheasants Falter in Lopsided Loss - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Massaro Reaches 500 Hits; 'Cats Rally to Beat Saints 7-4 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Fall to Laredo 8-2 in Home Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Playoff Chances Nearly Done in 7-4 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Hodsdon's Fourth Complete Game Opens Diablos Final Series Of 2012 - El Paso Diablos
- Fish Dumped by Explorers Again, But Magic Number Down to Just One - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Back on the Winning Track - Laredo Lemurs
- Ninth Inning Meltdown Gives T-Bones Loss to Sox - Kansas City T-Bones
- Better Late Than Never - Amarillo Sox
- Holdren Bangs Go-Ahead Granny, Zocchi Earns Record in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Simunic Signs New Three-Year Contract with RedHawks - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Begin Final Homestand Of 2012 Season Tomorrow Night - Sioux City Explorers
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo Sox
- Nic Jackson Named American Association Player of the Year - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Close out 20th Season with a Bounty We Can All Cash in On - St. Paul Saints
- Big Third Inning Helps Give KC Win over Amarillo - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Rout Pheasants, Pick up Game on Lemurs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.