Elmira Beats Toledo 5-1March 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Toledo Walleye
The Jackals would grab an early 1-0 lead just six minutes into the first period. Toledo would tie the game at one when Kris Belan would score his first professional goal at 7:53. Derek Brochu would collect the lone assist. The Jackals would score another before the end of the first to lead 2-1.
"This is one of the best teams we have seen all year," said Head Coach Nick Vitucci. "I thought we worked very hard tonight and certainty could have come out of here with a win."
The Jackals would extend their lead with a pair of goals in the second period. Toledo had a couple of really good chances but could not beat Elmira goaltender Brian Stewart in the second period. The Jackals would add one more goal in the third period to finish the scoring.
Toledo's Mike Thomas and Todd Griffith each collected fighting majors with fights at 14:46 of the third period.
Walleye Notes: Walleye goaltender Alec Richards finished with 28 saves and has a record of 6-5-0-1 on the season. Tonight was first of three meetings this season between Toledo and Elmira. Toledo was held to a season low 16 shots on goal. The Toledo Walleye will return home on March 18th to host the Kalamazoo Wings. That is the third annual St. Cat Trick's Day Celebration presented by the Blarney Irish Pub. It is also "Faith and Family" night with a pregame concert by the band New Method. For more information and get tickets call 419-725-9255 or visit www.toledowalleye.com.
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2012
- Grizzlies escape defeat - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-3 for 3rd-Straight Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Refuse to Go Away in Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Burgdoerfer Tallies Late, Condors Win in a Shootout 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Knocked off by Wranglers 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Regain First Place with 4-1 Win Over Reign - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Take Titans to Task, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Blanked by Gladiators, 2-0 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Set Franchise Mark for Home Wins in a Season with 5-1 Victory - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Remain in First with 2-0 Win Over Cyclones - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Madore Dazzles Between The Pipes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Beats Toledo 5-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Madore Blanks Wings as Express Win 2-0 - Chicago Express
- Delmas' Shutout Streak Ends at 146:02 - Wheeling Nailers
- Sauer Stands Tall in Shootout Loss to Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Shoot Down Stingrays - Greenville Road Warriors
- Kenny Ryan Recalled to Toronto Marlies - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Faith and Fun Night Tonight Vs. Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Express at Kalamazoo Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Blake Parlett Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 10, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - March 10 - ECHL
- Aces Come Back for 3-1 Win Over Eagles. - Alaska Aces
- Aces Score Three in the Third in 3-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Lose to Wranglers 2-1 in a Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Beat Reign in 2-1 Shootout Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Playoff clinch put on hold for one night, Reber nets lone Thunder goal) - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Outlasts Bakersfield in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-1: Win Second-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Take One Point in a 2-1 Shootout Loss to Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.