Two 'Birds Named to All-Star TeamJuly 1, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Memphis Redbirds
Dickson ranks sixth in the PCL with a 2.94 ERA and an 8-4 record. The Alabama-native leads the Redbirds in wins, ERA and quality starts (10). The tall right-hander has turned it on in his last eight starts going 6-1 with a 2.11 ERA while striking out 38 batters in 51.2 innings. The first-year Redbird, Dickson spent the entire 2009 season with Double-A Springfield. He was selected to the 2007 Midwest League All-Star Game playing for Single-A Quad Cities when he was 7-3 with a 2.63 ERA prior to the All-Star Break.
Greene was elected as the starting shortstop for the PCL team and holds a .296 batting average with seven home runs and 28 RBI in 61 games played with the Memphis Redbirds. His 25 extra-base hits rank him second on the team behind Daniel Descalso's 30. Greene has two double-digit hitting streaks on the season with a 17-game streak and a recently snapped 11-game streak. The 2005 first round draft pick has played in 10 games this season with St. Louis making appearances at shortstop and second base. In 2008, he was selected as a Texas League All-Star while with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals.
Memphis hitting coach Mark Budaska will also represent the Redbirds as the PCL hitting coach.
The PCL All-Stars will take on the International League All-Stars in the 23rd annual Triple-A All-Star game on Wednesday, July 14 at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, PA. The game will be televised on MLB Network beginning at 6 p.m. CT.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 1, 2010
- Rainiers Blast Past Portland - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sky Sox Sting Bees with Five Run Ninth, 8-7 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Tacoma's Bedard, Seddon Combine to Four-Hit Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Torra Deals Complete Game in 9-2 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
- Express Edged 5-3 by Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Slip by Express in Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Roll the Zephyrs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Take Series Opener from Zephyrs, 10-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Doubled Up by Royals, 6-3 - Iowa Cubs
- Luna an All-Star - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Beavers Return to PGE Park Sunday Night for Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 51s Baseball to be Featured on Holly's World on Sunday, July 4 - Las Vegas 51s
- Express Outfielder Brian Bogusevic Named PCL All-Star - Round Rock Express
- Two River Cats Named to 2010 Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Gibbons, Lindsey, May Named to PCL All-Star Squad - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 51s Baseball to Participate in "Stars & Stripes" Caps This Weekend - Las Vegas 51s
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Beavers' Ernesto Frieri to Represent PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Portland Beavers
- First-Place Grizzlies Send Two to All-Star Game - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Diamond Named to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds SS Luis Cruz Named to PCL All-Star Team - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs' Luna Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Gordon, Ka'Aihue Named PCL All-Stars - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces' Norberto Named Pacific Coast League All-Star - Reno Aces
- Two 'Birds Named to All-Star Team - Memphis Redbirds
- Thompson and Trumbo Named 2010 PCL All-Stars - Salt Lake Bees
- Three Sky Sox Named to the 2010 PCL All-Star Team - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Erik Bedard Set to Make Rehab Start with Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Luke French Elected to Triple-A All-Star Team - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Ready to Celebrate Independence Day Weekend Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Salt Lake Bees To Honor The Late Quinn Falk - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.