'Topes Topple 'Birds, 9-3June 7, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Albuquerque Isotopes
While White, who debuted with the Isotopes on May 28 after four starts with Single-A Inland Empire, allowed two early runs in the second inning, the mighty Albuquerque offense provided plenty of run support, allowing the southpaw to settle down. White (2-0) exited after 5.1 innings, scattering eight hits for two runs while striking out four to notch his first Triple-A win from the starter's role.
While the Isotopes out-hit the Redbirds by just one, picking up 13 hits to Memphis' 12, the Topes were much more productive, going 6-for-7 with runners in scoring position, while Memphis stranded 10 runners on the night.
Trailing 2-0, the Isotopes snatched a 3-2 edge in the bottom of the third, plating the trio of tallies with no outs. Chin-lung Hu opened the inning with a single to left and was quickly moved to second base on a White sacrifice bunt. Prentice Redman cashed in Hu one batter later, scorching a double to left field. Ivan De Jesus, Jr, who led the Topes attack with three hits and three RBI, crushed his second home run of the season to left field giving White and the Topes the 3-2 advantage.
Albuquerque, who scored 11 runs last night, batted around in the bottom of the fourth for five more runs off Memphis starter Evan MacLane (4-5). The inning started with three straight hits, and single by Lucas May and a double by Nick Green. Hu followed with his second single in as many innings to bring home both May and Green for a 5-2 lead. After another successful sacrifice from White, Redman walked to give the Isotopes runners on the corners. From there, run-scoring singles courtesy of De Jesus, Jr. and Xavier Paul and an RBI double from Jamie Hoffmann put the Topes comfortably ahead at 8-2. The eight runs allowed by MacLane marked a season-high as the Redbirds starter had not allowed more than four runs in 11 starts this season
After Major League rehabbing reliever George Sherrill secured two outs to close out the sixth, Memphis added a run in the seventh inning, but Michael Restovich responded with a solo shot to left field, his second homer in as many games and third in the past four games to give the Topes the run back.
Jesus Rodriguez and Juan Perez would combine to retire the final eight Redbirds batters, securing the win and giving Albuquerque a three-game winning streak.
Albuquerque will look to make it four wins in a row on Sunday behind lefty George Sherrill (0-0, 0.00) who will make the start and pitch one inning as part of his Major League rehabilitation assignment before giving way to right-hander Seth Etherton (1-0, 3.00). Memphis will counter with right-hander Lance Lynn (4-3, 4.02) with first pitch taking place at 1:35 PM MT.
The Isotopes continue their action-packed homestand with a daytime appearance by Myron Noodleman on Sunday as well a pre-game autograph session. Monday, the Topes will have their second and final 50-Cent Hot Dog Night of the season before the homestand wraps up with Business Person's Special on Tuesday. Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.albuquerquebaseball.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Mulvey Pitches Aces to 4-2 Win over Beavers - Reno Aces
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes 20-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Split Doubleheader with Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mulvey Shines in Aces Win over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Z's Beat Cubs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Fall to Express on Monday Night, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Express Score Early, Hold Off Sounds 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Topes Topple 'Birds, 9-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Select Colon in First Round - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Catcher Corporan Nabs PCL Player of the Week Honor - Reno Aces
- PCL Player & Pitcher of the Week, May 31-June 6 - PCL
- Okc RedHawks Game Notes Update - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Inagural Sacramento Cup Kicks off with Soccer Ball Scavenger Hunt - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - June 7 (Game 58) - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Montero to Join Aces on Rehab Stint - Reno Aces
- JUCO World Series Champ Reivers to be Honored Tonight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales to Appear at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Even Series With 8-2 Win Over Nashville - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.