JUCO World Series Champ Reivers to be Honored Tonight
Omaha, NE - The Omaha Royals will be honoring the Iowa Western Reivers baseball team tonight at Rosenblatt Stadium. The Reivers claimed their first Junior College World Series title Saturday in Grand Junction, Colorado. Iowa Western players will be honored on the field tonight just prior to the first pitch of the Royals 7:05 p.m. game vs. the Oklahoma City RedHawks. Also, fans may purchase an unlimited number of Reserved seat tickets for tonight's game for $5 apiece, $3 off the normal rate, by showing an Iowa Western I.D. or wearing IWCC gear.
Iowa Western coach Marc Rardin, who was named coach of the JUCO World Series tournament, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch tonight.
"We are extremely excited that Coach Rardin and his team will make their way to Rosenblatt tonight, so we can honor their program," said Martie Cordaro, Royals Vice President/General Manager. "This is a tremendous accomplishment that Iowa Western has attained and the metro area should be aware of."
The fifth-ranked Reivers captured the JUCO World Series title Saturday with a 5-4 win over top-ranked San Jacinto College. Iowa Western became the first Northern District team to win a championship in JUCO World Series history. The Reivers, who defeated San Jacinto twice to take the crown, finished 51-12.
Named to the All-Tournament team from Iowa Western were catcher Anthony Bemboom, pitcher Taylor Eikenberry and infielders Brent Seifert and Ivan Hartle, also named the Preston Walker Most Valuable Player and Jay Tolman Outstanding Defensive Player.
Rardin has been at Iowa Western's helm for eight years and has guided the Reivers to the JUCO World Series five of the past six seasons.
Tonight, Rotella's Italian Bakery and 89.7 The River presents $1 hot dog night. Hebrew National hot dogs are just $1 at Rosenblatt.
For tickets, call (402) 738-5100, or print tickets online at www.oroyals.com .
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Mulvey Pitches Aces to 4-2 Win over Beavers - Reno Aces
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes 20-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Split Doubleheader with Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mulvey Shines in Aces Win over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Z's Beat Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Fall to Express on Monday Night, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Express Score Early, Hold Off Sounds 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Topes Topple 'Birds, 9-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Select Colon in First Round - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Catcher Corporan Nabs PCL Player of the Week Honor - Reno Aces
- PCL Player & Pitcher of the Week, May 31-June 6 - PCL
- Okc RedHawks Game Notes Update - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Inagural Sacramento Cup Kicks off with Soccer Ball Scavenger Hunt - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - June 7 (Game 58) - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Montero to Join Aces on Rehab Stint - Reno Aces
- JUCO World Series Champ Reivers to be Honored Tonight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales to Appear at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Even Series With 8-2 Win Over Nashville - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.