RedHawks Game Notes
Oklahoma City RedHawks (31-25) at Omaha Royals (29-26)
Game 57 | June 7, 2010, 7:05 pm CDT | Rosenblatt Stadium | Omaha, NE
News Radio 1000 KTOK, RedHawks Radio Network | Play-by-Play: Jim Byers
RH Omar Beltre (0-4, 3.03) vs. RH Bryan Bullington (2-0, 1.69)
TONIGHT: The RedHawks and Omaha Royals continue their series at Rosenblatt Stadium with the third of a 4-game set. OKC won yesterday's game 10-2 in 12 innings and lead the series 2-0. Yesterday's playing time, 3 hours, 49 minutes, was the fourth straight OKC contest lasting at least 3 hours and 16 minutes. The previous 3 were 9-inning games going 3:21, 3:16 and 3:30 from Saturday back to Thursday in that order. OKC remains a half-game ahead of Albuquerque in the American South. Omaha is third, 2.5 back in the American North. Omar Beltre gets the start for the RedHawks against the PCL's ERA leader Bryan Bullington.
ASSORTED SUNDAY SAMPLINGS: Yesterday's 12-inning win by the RedHawks improved their record to 1-4 in extra-inning games. The RedHawks were the last PCL club to record an extra-inning victory. Their 8 runs in the 12th set a team high for runs in an inning and provided OKC with its first runs this season after the ninth inning. The scoreless extra inning streak had reached 10 until yesterday's final frame.
DIFFERENTIATION: The RedHawks own the best run differential in the league, having scored 287 runs while allowing 221, a +66. Fresno is second at +55. The Durham Bulls of the International League have the best run differential among all Triple-A teams with a +106, having scored 319 and allowed 213 runs.
MAKING HOMERS COUNT: The RedHawks have slugged 13 home runs that have tied the score or given them the lead in the fifth inning or later this season, including Ryan Garko's game-tying solo shot in yesterday's sixth inning. OKC has 50 homers, evenly split between home and the road.
STREAK UPDATE: Ryan Garko is on a 15-game on-base streak, during which he's 17-for-56 (.304) with 3 homers and 8 RBIs. The only game where Garko failed to reach by hit, walk or hit-by-pitch was his RedHawks debut May 20 at Portland. Brandon Boggs has reached in 13 straight. Chris Davis is on a season-high 6-game hitting streak, during which he's 9-for-22 (.409) with 1 homer and 3 RBIs.
GERMAN TRACKER: Esteban German is third in the league lead with 41 runs scored and second in stolen bases with 20. Sacramento's Corey Wimberley has 24 steals. German is fifth in the PCL in walks with 32. He has the league's longest road on-base streak, having reached by hit, walk or hit-by-pitch in 20 consecutive road contests.
BULLPEN WORKS OVERTIME: Despite a quality start by Doug Mathis (7 IP, 1 ER), OKC's bullpen was needed for 5 innings yesterday. Collectively, the 'pen allowed 1 run on 4 hits. In the past 21 games, OKC's bullpen has worked 80.1 innings, allowing 16 earned runs (1.79 ERA) on 52 hits while going 6-1.
PITCHING NO. 1: OKC leads the PCL in team ERA at 3.41. Nashville has the second-best mark at 3.68. The RedHawks have allowed the fewest home runs in the league (28), 12 fewer than the closest teams, Fresno and Tacoma. OKC has allowed the fewest runs (221) and earned runs (189), while compiling the third-most strikeouts (421) behind Sacramento (438) and Albuquerque (424).
STRONG UP THE MIDDLE: The RedHawks are to 6-9 in series openers last night. They are 4-10 in series finales, meaning they've gone 21-6 in the second and third games of series.
DOUBLE DIGITS: Yesterday's game marked the sixth time the RedHawks scored double-digit runs. OKC is 4-0 when scoring exactly 10 runs and also has wins when scoring 12 and 14 runs. OKC is the only team in the PCL to have not allowed double-digit runs in a game. The most allowed by the RedHawks is 9 runs on 3 occasions. Their highest earned run total allowed is 8 on Thursday in a 10-9 win over Memphis.
Date Opponent Oklahoma City Pitcher Opposing Pitcher Radio
Tuesday June 8 @ Omaha LH Michael Kirkman 5-1, 3.55 RH Anthony Lerew 4-3, 2.82 1340 Fox Sports
Wed. June 9 Off Day
Thursday June 10 Albuquerque TBA TBA KTOK AM 1000
Friday June 11 Albuquerque TBA TBA KTOK AM 1000
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Mulvey Pitches Aces to 4-2 Win over Beavers - Reno Aces
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes 20-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Split Doubleheader with Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mulvey Shines in Aces Win over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Z's Beat Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Fall to Express on Monday Night, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Express Score Early, Hold Off Sounds 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Topes Topple 'Birds, 9-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Select Colon in First Round - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Catcher Corporan Nabs PCL Player of the Week Honor - Reno Aces
- PCL Player & Pitcher of the Week, May 31-June 6 - PCL
- Okc RedHawks Game Notes Update - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Inagural Sacramento Cup Kicks off with Soccer Ball Scavenger Hunt - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - June 7 (Game 58) - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Montero to Join Aces on Rehab Stint - Reno Aces
- JUCO World Series Champ Reivers to be Honored Tonight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales to Appear at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Even Series With 8-2 Win Over Nashville - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Hosting 2019 Blue Crue Auditions January 26
- OKC Dodgers Named 2018 Triple-A Winner of Bob Freitas Award
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City Named Finalist for 2018 Copa de la Diversion
- OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation Helps Provide Winter Coats to Area Elementary Students
- OKC Dodgers MVP Program Now Available Statewide in Oklahoma, Presented by Devon Energy