Aces Catcher Corporan Nabs PCL Player of the Week Honor
Aces catcher Carlos Corporan has been named Pacific Coast League Player of the Week, the league announced today.
Corporan hit .565 for the week (13-for-23) with five doubles, a triple and two home runs. He led the loop in batting average and extra-base hits for the week, while his five doubles tied for the league lead. The switch-hitter also carried a league-best 1.130 slugging percentage and a 1.723 OPS.
Corporan beat out Aces IF/OF Jeff Bailey, whose eight RBIs Sunday set a new Aces franchise record and set a new single-game high in the PCL for the 2010 season.
He is the second Aces player to receive a weekly PCL honor this season, after Josh Collmenter was named PCL Pitcher of the Week in early May. Corporan becomes the second Aces position player in franchise history to earn Player of the Week honors, joining Brandon Watson, who won the award for the week of July 20-27, 2009. Watson hit .636 that week, including a cycle on July 23.
The Aces are back in action Monday night at 7:05 p.m., as they take on the Portland Beavers.
Single-game tickets for all games start at just $7, while ticket plans for the 2010 season start at just $154. Fans can get more information on mini-plans, group tickets and half- and full-season ticket plans by calling (775) 334-4700.
The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
Fans can purchase single-game tickets by calling the Aces Ballpark box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting www.RenoAces.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Mulvey Pitches Aces to 4-2 Win over Beavers - Reno Aces
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes 20-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Split Doubleheader with Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mulvey Shines in Aces Win over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Z's Beat Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Fall to Express on Monday Night, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Express Score Early, Hold Off Sounds 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Topes Topple 'Birds, 9-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Select Colon in First Round - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Catcher Corporan Nabs PCL Player of the Week Honor - Reno Aces
- PCL Player & Pitcher of the Week, May 31-June 6 - PCL
- Okc RedHawks Game Notes Update - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Inagural Sacramento Cup Kicks off with Soccer Ball Scavenger Hunt - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - June 7 (Game 58) - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Montero to Join Aces on Rehab Stint - Reno Aces
- JUCO World Series Champ Reivers to be Honored Tonight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales to Appear at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Even Series With 8-2 Win Over Nashville - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction
- Reno Aces, Vegas Desert Sports Partner to Host Golden Knights Watch Parties in Northern Nevada
- Greater Nevada Field, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe Brings Teton Gravity Research Winter Film to Northern Nevada
- Multiple Teams See New Affiliations in Pacific Coast League
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Final Regular Season Game