Amerks Reading Power Play Features Three Visits This WeekDecember 28, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rochester Americans
The Amerks will hit the ice again on Wednesday, December 30th as the team heads north of the border for a North Division bout with the Hamilton Bulldogs. Faceoff is set for 7:30 p.m. at Copps Coliseum.
Tonight and Tuesday night, however, the trio of blueliners will showcase their reading prowess, not their on-ice skills. They will be joined by The Moose, as they teach kids about hockey and the importance of reading. The program also rewards kids for reading and selects two grand prize winners that will win dinner, suite tickets and the opportunity to participate in the ceremonial puck drop at an Amerks game.
The Amerks will also distribute ticket vouchers and activity books to each youth in attendance good for one complimentary ticket for any Amerks home game from November 20th to February 20th. The vouchers and books are each courtesy of The College at Brockport.
The "Reading Power Play" involves players stopping by local libraries, reading to kids and giving a hockey demonstration. Each appearance also features a raffle for Amerk memorabilia and an autograph session by the visiting player and The Moose.
The second half of "Reading Power Play" enters kids into a grand prize drawing. Youth participants fill out a form for every three books they read, which then qualifies them for an entry into the grand prize drawing. The two winners will receive grand prize packages that include dinner, suite tickets and the opportunity to make the ceremonial puck drop at the Amerks' Saturday, February 13th home game against the Lake Erie Monsters.
The "Reading Power Play" runs from Wednesday, October 7th to Wednesday, January 13th. A complete reading program schedule will be available at the Amerks Guest Services Booth in the upper atrium lobby on game nights and online at amerks.com. For player or Moose appearances, please contact Warren Kosel at (585) 454-5335, ext. 3025.
American Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2009
- Houston Aeros Top Syracuse Crunch 5-4 In Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Top Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Edge Heat 2-1 In Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Bulldogs Defeat The Marlies 5-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose Sweep Heat In Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Grounded by Aeros in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Suffer 5-2 Loss In Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- University School, Arrowhead To Meet In RBC Shootout Finals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Comeback Falls Short In Wilkes-Barre 4-3 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Sends Bachman Back To Idaho - Texas Stars
- Hershey Storms into 2010 with AHL's Best Record - Hershey Bears
- Canucks Recall Alexandre Bolduc - Manitoba Moose
- Maxime Tanguay Reassigned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Preparing for Another Maine Event - AHL
- Columbus Blue Jackets Acquire Defenseman Milan Jurcina And Right Wing Chris Clark From Washington In - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage To Host Ugly Holiday Sweater Night This Wednesday - San Antonio Rampage
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Admirals Seek Revenge In Pivotal East Division Tilts This Week - Norfolk Admirals
- Riendeau Assigned To Providence - Providence Bruins
- Week Thirteen: The Strong, Silent Type - Syracuse Crunch
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks Have Bite Heading Into The New Year - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Send Sipotz To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Sign Rob Hisey To PTO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Buy Tickets To Send A Kid To An Amerks Game - Rochester Americans
- Hogs Sweep Week 13, Bickell Returns, Hog Talk Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Lake Erie's Darren Haydar Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Week - AHL
- Parse West, Elkins East - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Sulzer Reassigned To Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Lightning Return Goaltender Riku Helenius To Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Moose Beat Heat In Week 13 - Manitoba Moose
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Reading Power Play Features Three Visits This Week - Rochester Americans
- Moose Release Mark McCutcheon - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Downed in Chocolate Town - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.