Wrestling Legend Mick Foley At Trenton Thunder May 26
(Trenton, NJ) - The Trenton Thunder Minor League Baseball team is pleased to welcome wrestling superstar, actor, and best-selling author Mick Foley to Waterfront Park on Wednesday, May 26 as the Thunder face the Erie SeaWolves at 7:05pm.
Foley will throw out the ceremonial first pitch then sign autographs and take photos with fans on the main concourse during the game. Tickets are available at trentonthunder.com or by calling 609-394-3300.
For fans looking for an extra special experience with the wrestling legend, the Thunder will host a special Meet & Greet with Foley prior to the game. For $49, fans will have the opportunity to meet Foley in a private setting on the luxury suite level from 5:45pm to 6:30pm and enjoy an
all-you-can-eat buffet from 6:30pm-8:00pm. All participants will receive a Mr. Socko souvenir and as an added bonus, one lucky fan from the meet and greet will accompany Mick Foley to the pitcher's mound for his first pitch.
Space is limited in this private meet and greet and tickets must be ordered in advance by calling 609-394-3300 or online at trentonthunder.com.
Mick Foley is an actor, author, comedian, voice actor, and professional wrestler currently working for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). Throughout his wrestling career, Foley has wrestled both under his real name and under various personas (most notably Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love). He became a three-time WWF Champion as Mankind and has also won the WWF Tag Team Championship eight times, the ECW World Tag Team Championship two times, and the WCW World Tag Team Championship one time. Following his retirement from a full-time wrestling schedule, Foley appeared occasionally with WWE as a special guest referee and, later, a color commentator for the SmackDown brand. Upon his departure from the company in 2008, he signed with TNA and held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and the TNA Legends Championship.
In addition to wrestling, Foley has written eight books including, "Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks", which topped The New York Times bestseller list for several weeks. The follow-up, "Foley Is Good: And the Real World Is Faker than Wrestling", debuted at number one on the New York Times list. Foley's most recent book, The "Hardcore Diaries" also spent time on the New York Times bestseller list.
All Wednesday games this season are Wawa Wednesday theme nights. May 26 is "Wrestling Night" with music, videos and other wrestling themed fun planned throughout the game. In addition, one lucky fan will win a new Weber Grill courtesty of Mrs. G's TV & Appliance in Lawrenceville. Fans in attendance must register at the Mrs. G's table on the concourse.
The Thunder return to Waterfront Park to face the Binghamton Mets (New York Mets) in a four game weekend series starting Thursday, May 13 at 7:05pm. Tickets are available by calling 609-394-3300 or online at trentonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 11, 2010
- Baysox Hang On to Snap Skid - Bowie Baysox
- Bowie Outlasts Squirrels in Game 2, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Iglesias Ignites Sea Dogs To 7-2 Win Over B-Mets - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Hang On For 2-1 Win - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats Fall To Trenton, 2-1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Iglesias Powers Sea Dogs to 7-2 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Schmidt Transferred Back To Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Tuesday Night's Game Postponed - Erie SeaWolves
- 'Cats Claw Past R-Phils 3-2 In 12 Tuesday - Reading Fightin Phils
- Baysox Welcome WordGirl And Webkinz - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Honor Maine's Leading Women - Portland Sea Dogs
- Bowman's 12th-Inning HR Gives Fisher Cats 3-2 Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Altoona Drops Rain-Shortened Game, 3-2 - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Announce "Green Team" Initiative - New Britain Rock Cats
- Top Twins Pitching Prospect Coming To New Britain - New Britain Rock Cats
- Wrestling Legend Mick Foley At Trenton Thunder May 26 - Trenton Thunder
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.